B mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsi

I am wondering if my 2024 is working properly
When I am in normal mode, as soon as I put it in B the engine comes on.
EV mode is cancelled when I put it in B mode. I cannot use the regen in EV mode
When the innovative pedal is engaged does it just use the car brake to slow down. I notice
the brake pedal goes down so I’m assuming it is more wear on the brakes?
Thanks

Other members have discussed similar things regarding the newer versions of the PHEV.

If there is insufficient headroom in the battery, the car uses the engine to 'engine brake' and slow down the car.

This may be what you're seeing.

Try engaging the regenerative braking mode when you have a half-empty battery to see if you see the same behaviour.

The movement of the brake pedal sounds like ABS braking is being engaged for some reason, hopefully others with a more recent model can comment.

NB. It helps members if you give details about your model when asking a question.

Other members have discussed similar things regarding the newer versions of the PHEV.

If there is insufficient headroom in the battery, the car uses the engine to 'engine brake' and slow down the car.

This may be what you're seeing.

Try engaging the regenerative braking mode when you have a half-empty battery to see if you see the same behaviour.

The movement of the brake pedal sounds like ABS braking is being engaged for some reason, hopefully others with a more recent model can comment.

NB. It helps members if you give details about your model when asking a question.
Thanks

I am wondering if my 2024 is working properly
When I am in normal mode, as soon as I put it in B the engine comes on.
EV mode is cancelled when I put it in B mode. I cannot use the regen in EV mode
When the innovative pedal is engaged does it just use the car brake to slow down. I notice
the brake pedal goes down so I’m assuming it is more wear on the brakes?
Thanks
It is in the manual.
When battery is more than 60% full B3 and over will trigger the engine to act as engine break.

Standards are falling everywhere. You can't look at Facebook without someone writing "loosing" when they mean "losing", or "dinning table" instead of "dining". These things are not difficult and autocorrect is not to blame.

Standards are falling everywhere. You can't look at Facebook without someone writing "loosing" when they mean "losing", or "dinning table" instead of "dining". These things are not difficult and autocorrect is not to blame.
I can accept these mistakes, mostly. But the the one which drives me nuts is there/their and your/you're. After a sentence or two I just can't read the comment ... which is probably just as well :)

These things are not difficult and autocorrect is not to blame.
I suspect it is to blame indirectly. People are used to autocorrect catching mistakes so if it doesn't they don't catch them either. Its also a function of keyboard learning. Our fingers tend to type words and their/there are the same in spoken English. So its not surprising that someone wouldn't notice if they typed the wrong one.

I've noticed a lot of Americans, on other forums, using 'break' when they mean 'brake' that's probably not helping you.
Well English is not my mothers tongue (do not read thong :ROFLMAO:) and I am self tough so it is not external influence in my case.

Back