Dab Radio

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JW78

Hi all, loving our new outlander phev that we received this week. I have been following this forum for awhile and reading it should be recommended to anyone waiting delivery as it has answered so many questions before they have been asked. So thanks to you all and keep up the good work. but one thing is bugging me with the Dab radio. I can't seem to tune it to BBC radio 5 or 5 live. Has anyone managed to do this and if so I would love some tips.

Thanks in advance.

JW78 said:
Hi all, loving our new outlander phev that we received this week. I have been following this forum for awhile and reading it should be recommended to anyone waiting delivery as it has answered so many questions before they have been asked. So thanks to you all and keep up the good work. but one thing is bugging me with the Dab radio. I can't seem to tune it to BBC radio 5 or 5 live. Has anyone managed to do this and if so I would love some tips.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried updating the station list? If you select station list the option is then on the bottom right. I just got mine this week and at first the dab list had some spaces after radio 4 - almost as though it knew there was a station but hadn't read the settings. I did a scan and after a few minutes could select it.

It's part of the wonders of DAB, but the FM options work well and it's nice to see MW and LW still there (so I can listen to France Inter). Living on the 'cusp' between the Oxford and Wrotham DAB multiplexes, ours occasionally goes dead for a few seconds while it 'retunes'.

Hi there. I've wrestled with the DAB tuning as well, but have found that if you turn the right hand round knob on the MMCS, it nudges you through the available channels. So, if you have found one of the BBC channels, you can usually "click" through to the others. I used this technique and now have both 5 Live and 5 Sports Extra set up as presets. (Once you find a channel you want, press and hold one of the pre-set buttons to assign it.)

As someone else mentioned, I also suffer drop out from time to time, and have also encountered what I thought was drop out but was actually the traffic report service cutting in, but at very low volume. It seems that the traffic reports come in at whatever volume you last listened to them at, so if you turned the volume down for any reason they can be silent.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies. I will give it ago tomorrow and see if I can get the hang of it.

Thanks again.

Back