front and rear parking sensor installation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelica02

Hi Guys, just have a query, im planning to have a front and rear parking sensors in my outlander phev facelift model thru a third party and not direct from mitsubishi (as they are way too expensive),
the question is does the bumpers have already a like pre installed location to where the sensors might be fitted or should i just choose where it will be fitted? and also it seems the front bumper have a
black glossy plastic or glass, how does it work?
Does anyone here dare did to have sensors installed? does it affect any warranties or interferes the techy part of the car?
Thanks, and any ideas or comments is appreciated.

Outlander PHEV 2016
Facelift model
white pearl

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzWDYJ8zeE22VzgtT0Mzd0xVQ2c&usp=sharing

These are photos of the ones I had fitted - the guy who did it told me that they used the existing guide marks already in the bumpers and used for the 'factory fitted' ones, so not sure if its possible to choose where they actually go on the bumper. They guy said that these things just sort of popped out from behind, so I assumed there were holes pre-prepared. Because I got the colour coded ones fitted, they blend in very well as you can see.

I checked the warranty before fitting these and it was all fine and I also contacted the lease company about a retro fit and they informed me that I did not need any permissions to fit them, that they did not invalidate or void any agreements.

As for interfering with anything else; not as far as I have noticed in the three months since having them fitted; the radio works as before, as does the satnav and the phone. They ping when you get close to an obstacle, as you would expect, but without interfering with anything else.

Back