Front and rear parking sensors - views please

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the 360 view, and the sensors front and back ... I still get out to take a look.

:D

Though the 360 view is great for nailing parking between the lines!

It's been about 6 weeks since I had rear sensors installed having found the camera to be of limited usefulness and I have to say that I have found the sensors to be more useful in these 6 weeks than the camera has been in the almost 6 months of having the car! As has been said by other, the camera does not look round corners, but the sensors do extend out to the side by a reasonable and there is an audible alarm for potential rear side bumper/wheel arch hazards not in view of the camera! I do use the camera, but rely more on the audible beeps and use the camera just to verify if it a static object, a bush, a pedestrian etc.

I paid £165 for someone to come to house, supply and fit them and it's been money well spent!

onlynik said:
I've ordered them on my 4h, which should be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks. I hope they don't look crap.

They don't look crap, but they are.

Do not get the dealer supplied ones, get a 4hs instead.

The dealer ones don't seem to cancel at speed, so when it starts snowing heavily there are constant beeps. Took a while to work out what was causing the issue.

Just another thing to hate about this car.

I have a 2016 MY 4h with dealer fit rear parking sensors. chose them off of the options list as was not sure about the camera only spec. Thought about having front ones but as it turns out they are not really necessary as you can access the front facing camera at slow/no speed through a button on the left part of the steering wheel to check for obstructions and how close you are. Like them on the rear as additional watch out when reversing as looking over shoulder or at the camera and wing mirrors can mean you miss something while reversing which the parking sensors pick up on

Had front and rear sensors on my last 2 cars 2012 mercedes eclass and 2008 BMW 5 series and the ones on the Mitsubishi work as well as they did IMO and can confirm they engage automaticlly when reverse is selected.

If I was ordering again would do the same, for me ony the rear sensors are a benefit

Scott P

Douglas said:
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I agree that the camera can be a bit iffy with the wrong lighting and/or weather.
Still looking for more feedback from anyone who has had the dealer fit sensors prior to delivery.
I don't think they are integrated with the car the way the factory fitted items are but I would love to be proved wrong.
Hi Douglas,
I have had a GX3+ which came with factory fit rear sensors and post delivery front sensors for a week now and have reported the following issues to the dealership that supplied it:
1. Rear sensors correctly come on when select reverse but does not mute the radio.
2. Front sensors are not integrated with the rear ones so have to press a button to switch on.
3. Front sensors were fitted "at the docks" as the dealer put it and not by a dealership - possible reason for not integrating with the rear system.
4. Button for Fronts sensors shabby, not a genuine Mitsubishi button and added to the dash rather than using a spare button space ( of which there are many with this model )
5. No button to switch off/on rears manually ( Manual shows one ! )

I am awaiting a response from them as they have forwarded my comments to Mitsubishi as at the moment the fronts do not work properly anyway !

My previous car was a VW Touran which had a fab all round parking sensor system so I assumed i would get near similar when I opted for an Outlander.

I have a friend who is a vehicle engineer and have asked him to comment as an independant, I'll let you know what he says

I had a suspicion that unless you had them fitted at source as per 4HS then they would not be the same
as the factory fitted ones and your experience seems to back this up.

Lets hope you get your issues sorted.

IMHO the user manual is not that informative. Too much emphasis on what you should not do. I was hoping that if it was in the manual then it would at least be in the car. Have found this not to be the case. The disclaimer appears, subject to change that apparently means the manual really does not have to relate to the car you have anyway.

I had a 4H delivered this week to which I had asked for rear sensors. Installed fine and look externally as every other car I had with sensors has.

Sensors come on when reverse selected. Doesn't appear to be any way to disable them. No visual indication like I've had on previous cars but audio seems to work fine and I think is directional. Combined with the camera I think works fine.

I thought the 4hS came with front & rear sensors? Did you mean to write 4h (or am I confused again)?

I like the camera view and don't feel the lack of beeping noises on my 4h (there are enough of those already :) )

ChrisMiller said:
I thought the 4hS came with front & rear sensors? Did you mean to write 4h (or am I confused again)?

I like the camera view and don't feel the lack of beeping noises on my 4h (there are enough of those already :) )

Yes the 4hs comes with the 360 camera and front and rear sensors.

I still can't park it without needing a taxi to the kerb ...

ChrisMiller said:

Yes I did - thanks. Have corrected it so anyone coming on the post going forward gets the right info.

Back