Hi! What kind of deals are around?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisnsteffie

Hi all,

Been lurking for a few days here, thought it was time to make a post (I'm also registered at SpeakEV, so apologies for anyone who has to endure this twice!).

We currently have the Nissan LEAF, which we have had since February. It has show us that we really enjoy pretty much everything that EVs have to offer, and believe that, for us at least, they are the way forward. We also have a 2005 Kia Sportage Diesel with 110,000 on the clock (averaged 36.2 MPG over the 4 years I've had it, although down to about 30 now). We need two cars, we both commute the opposite way from one another - both of these journeys are well within the EV range of both cars.

The Kia is can be used as a bit of a workhorse at the weekends - towing trailers to the tip, carrying bikes on the bikerack, piling it up with camping equipment, towing a caravan (not all at the same time, and not every weekend). And it is useful to get to places that the LEAF can't get to, or if we haven't had time to charge it.

Happened across the PHEV at the weekend at the local dealer, and really liked it. Thought that it would make an ideal replacement for the Kia, being able to do everything that the Kia can do, but with reduced running costs, especially on the commuting side of things.

We were looking at the GX4h, which I believe to be the mid spec model. We like the heated leather seats and satnav that it offers - confused by the self opening boot, if I have a hand free to press the button, then I have a hand free to open the boot!

So, my question is what kind of deals have other people found? If it helps, we are UK based.
Not made a decision between used (with a personal loan), lease or PCP (the LEAF is on a PCP) as of yet, just getting to grips with the various deals first.

I've done some research already (all based upon the GX4h, as close to 12k miles a year - the term doesn't really matter), it is looking like this:

Lease:
Up front - £2840.29 Monthly - £315.59 Term - 48 months Equivalent monthly cost - £374.76

PCP:
Up front - £3000 Monthly - £484.91 Term - 48 months Equivalent monthly cost - £568.24

From when we were looking at deals for the LEAF, they seem to have had a much more aggressive PCP deal (£1k upfront, £190 a month), leaving me a little underwhelmed with the ones on the PHEV!

Any figures that we should be aiming for?

Cheers!
Chris and Steph

Hi

4 months ago, I got my GX4h as a company car, I had to do all the research and paperwork, I'm doing a salary sacrifice, so I wanted it as cheap as possible.

the Mitsubishi web site sent my details to the 2 nearest dealers, who were quoting me the RRP, less the £5k olev discount

I filled out the form at the carwow web site
https://www.carwow.co.uk/car-reviews/Mitsubishi/Outlander-PHEV

over the following week I got quite a few emails with cheaper options from dealers around the country
the cheapest was another £5,000 off, some also included the £500 3 year service option.
the offers are from Mitsubishi main dealers who do the full leasing and PCP options

I could have saved lots of money by buying from a dealer on the South Coast (Southampton? Portsmoutht?)
But because I didn't know what I was going to do with financing options, I didn't want to do that trip lots of times to sign finance forms.
I printed the best price from the carwow web site and took it into salesman at the nearest dealer (SMC Hillingdon), who didn't match it, but did knock a few thousand off the price.

the company is paying for the car as half down, the other half over a year, on zero percent.

last month I got an automated email from carwow, asking if I had bought a car yet, and including more offers from the Dealer in Croydon.
they had each colour of the GX4h (the model I asked about) (in stock?) and they were doing them for £26,500 (plain white and the metalic colours)

I guess to clear old stock before the facelift turns up?

I was hoping that I might get in whilst they are trying to clear out the old stock!

I've had a look at carwow, and requested a quote from DriveTheDeal.

Just waiting to hear back from them now!

If anyone prefers the PCH - personal contract hire route let me know [email protected]

There is no right or wrong way but with this technology advancing so quickly do you really want to take the risk of disposal. Who knows in 2 years time we could be looking at 100+miles on battery. You would also be enjoying the purchasing power of the large leasing companies - just a thought!!! :)

Waiting with baited breath for Chancellors Autumn Statement due out end of this month. As the lead in £5000 is knocked on the head end February 2016 wonder what he will replace this with (If anything)
This could have a major effect on the sales and personal leasing of the Outlander PHEV
I am due to place a leasing order again in April and definately want a PHEV. I may have to look at a pre-registered or ex demo vehicle if a new one is priced out of my scheme. :?

Used carwow in Warrington
£10k off in total, P/ex Sportage...little difference in cost to new kia trade in cost.

Back