How to use Outlander touch screen with a mouse.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertTatlock

Essential viewing on YouTube for those of us with a failed touchscreen. I have just used a USB wireless mouse to change the time on my Outlander and it simply works. Video link -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFUwK9Y040

Furthermore, I understand that if the screen starts beeping randomly, press the on/off button for more than 3 seconds and the beeping should stop. (I haven't tried that yet).

Hope that helps. It certainly helps me a great deal.

Well, I can confirm that since plugging in a USB mouse and using it to set the correct time on the clock, the head unit has not once randomly changed screens or beeped at me while driving. I assume that by using the mouse, the touch screen function is bypassed until such time that it is enabled again. Suits me fine. If I want to change a head unit setting I now use the mouse which I then unplug and keep in the central console bin. Not a perfect situation by any means but a massive improvement over where I was before discovering you can use a USB on the head unit.

Well worth doing this if only to stop the annoying, repeated beeping whilst driving.

Back