Is there an option for extra batteries to extend EV range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardOFB

When I stopped at the services today, both rapids were already in use by an old and new Outlander.
While waiting for one of them to finish, I had a little chat with the "knowledgeable" driver of one.

I said that as well as the little odds and sods that got changed on the 2016 model, Mitsubishi should have put a bigger battery in, or at least have it as an option.

I can't remember exactly what he said, but he appeared to be suggesting that he had seen something (secret?) that was "coming soon" about an option of being able to get more batteries in the empty space under the load area in the boot.
Not just as a factory fit thing, but as something that could be done to our older 2015 model.
Perhaps around £2,000 ish (what about VAT? and fitting?)

I asked for how much more capacity/range?
I asked if it would be ... say ... double?
But this was as his charge finished and it was time for him to unplugging and continue his journey.

I don't think my battery has deteriorated in the 10 months of driving, but I think my right foot has become heavier, so the 31 or 32 or 33 miles I got in the first couple of months is now down to 25 miles.

My company would be only too happy to pay Mitsubishi £2,000 to double the EV range and reduce the (already small) amount of petrol I personally pay for.
And perhaps update the firmware to make it quicker off the line, like the facelift model is rumored to be.
Does any one know who to contact to get them to wave their magic wand and make this happen?

Back