Rear seat covers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceinc

Just purchased a 2023 Outlander PHEV SEL with leather seats.

I have an 80lb fur ball dog which likes riding in the car. I would like recommendations on a nice form fitting rear seat cover which allows folding the seats and stays in place.

Depending if rear seats are used for people at any time. If not, lay rear seats down get cover for back of front seat and for doors, from an auto parts shop. Cover seats with waterproof blanket and dog mattress. Clip dog to child restraint for safety. May need to get a small folding ramp as boot lip can be quite high at times.

Yes I will have humans as well as my dog. Additionally, I will want use the 60/40 split without having to disconnect stuff.

These are lesson I learned from my last car, where I had a dog cover for the back seat, and it didn't fit well, when I wanted to do a 60/40 split I needed to disconnect everything, etc.

Just purchased a 2023 Outlander PHEV SEL with leather seats.

I have an 80lb fur ball dog which likes riding in the car. I would like recommendations on a nice form fitting rear seat cover which allows folding the seats and stays in place.
When my Subaru died for the third time and was being towed away, the Mitsubishi dealer fortuitously called me to mention some 2023 Outlanders were arriving and was I interested in one. I said yes and asked him to hold a blue one with black upholstry. When I arrived at 5:00pm same day to close the deal, They had sold 17 (including the one I thought he had on hold) and only had a white GT with white upholstry left. I do a lot of outdoor work and lugging messy things around, so I decided to take the car as is and get seat covers to protect the upholstry. After a lot of research, I ended up with dark grey Coverking Neopreen seat covers custom fitted to the Outlander. It took about 6 weeks to receive them and in that ime I became concerned about how they would work with the airbags built into the seat. The vendor assured me the the Mitsubishi specs they were using showed where to use breakaway stitching on the seat covers to allow the airbags to work properly and that they would do mine that way. However I have no way to confirm that this is actually the case.
The seat covers are great. They fit quite well ( a bit of rumpling on the rear ones when the seats are put down then put back up, but not hard to smooth out. However, it was an ordeal to install them. It took me the better part of a day and they include a kevlar glove so that your hand doesn't get chewed up as you poke around underneath to connect all the various fastenings. there is a very good Youtube video to help with the installation.
Overall, I am very happy with them. The only negative is that it does delay the time it takes for the heated seats to take effect, but the neopreen also insulates from the worst of the cold when you first sit down. I do feel though that I may be taking a chance with the side air bags. However, if you are only doing the rear seats, this should not be a concern.

Back