Replacing Headlamp RHD - Beam Alignment Question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accusticsamuri

Hi All,

This is my first post, I've read through some of the other related questions but can't seem to find the answer. So here it goes.

I have a 2017 Outlander PHEV RHD as I am based in Ireland, it had a minor crash where the brackets of the existing headlamp snapped off along with other damage but my main question is in relation to the headlamp. I have now bought a replacement part, a headlamp for the passenger side but it came from Portugal. Will this cause me issues with beam but offs etc?

From looking at the part numbers on the headlamps I have they are:

- 4BX15 8301CB - 56 (RHD - Driver side) : it also has 4IR in Large Bold separately from the part number
- 4BX15 8301CB - 55 (RHD - Passenger side) : it also has 4IL in Large Bold separately from the part number. This is the light to be replaced

I have now gotten the below part with number
- 4BX15 8301CB - 53 (Assuming for LHD - Driver Side) : it also has 4TL in Large Bold separately from the part number

Then I would assume that
- 4BS15 8301CB - 54 would be for a LHD - Passenger Side : Also assuming it would have 4TR separately from the part number.

Will any of this matter for this type of headlamp whether its RHD or LHD or is there another reason why the numbers are different?

Thanks in advance.

I've not paid enough attention to the light dispersion to the LHS of the car when driving but you may find that not only is the cut-off step in the wrong direction, but you'll cast more scatter into oncoming traffic and also lose the light dispersion that helps you pick out what's off to the left side of the road.

Is there any form of A-B (L-R) lever in the back of the unit that'd allow you to adjust the cut-off mask in the dip/low beam part of the light unit?

Had a further thought, on your original headlights, is there an arrow marked on them pointing to the right?
On the LHD unit there likely is not one or if present would be pointing left.

I believe that your annual road check inspections are perhaps more thorough than UK MOT tests, but an observant examiner in either region may pick up on this and fail the vehicle. Worth checking the markings and what is checked/tested to see if you'll run into issues later on.

Back