SD Cards

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewPHEVMan

Hello
I have just purchased a 17 plate Outlander PHEV 5Hs and am new to this forum. After delivery, I have realised there are no SD cards plugged into the multimedia unit. I have ordered a Map card, which is arriving in 3-4 days. I do have a blank SD card which I have inserted into the Audio SD card slot, bit still have no audio functionality.
Does the Outlander need to have a Map Card inserted to be able to use any of the audio functions...??

Hiya,

The blank SD card is not going to help you.

One slot is occupied by the map data card and the other is for music files.

You should still have radio functionality and be able to play music from a music device (phone, ipod, etc.) if you plug that device in via USB cable.

It may also be possible to play music via Bluetooth from your music device.

(I've never tried that and have a much older model than you, so will leave others to comment.)

Does the radio work if you remove the blank SD card?

There are likely to be other limitations that you will need to find from your manual.

For example, it is likely that your SD card can only be a particular storage size range.

Another poster provided an explanation about the characters that can and cannot be used in song titles and folder names.

(again that may be a limitation with earlier models, we'll need others to comment)

Thanks very much Andy

When both SD slots are empty, there is no functionality at all from the MMCS unit, just a message saying there is no Map SD card inserted.

And its the same when I plug an Audio SD card in.

I will plug my phone in or a USB into the aux socket to see if there is anything, after that I will await the delivery of the SD Map card.

Will be giving the dealer a call on Monday to ask why the SD's were removed.

Cheers Alan

My 15 model does not need either card inserted to be able to play Radio, CD or Bluetooth music.
Are you getting nothing at all from the Radio? If that is the case it may be muted, try pressing the 'mode' button for 3 seconds to un-mute it.

Update: Just looked at some images of the 2017 steering wheel controls and they are different to my 15 so not sure which button it actually is in your version but the manual should help.

On some models of MMCS the second slot was only there for updating the maps to latest version. It had no media function at all. On this variant the USB was the Media player conection

Back