SOLVED: WiFi Disabled after annual Mitsubishi service?!?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baingyl

Hi

Today my car was in for the second annual standard service (car is from december 2015). The man at the service counter said that there was a "Mitsubishi campaign" some kind of software update for fuel injection or something beeing performed, I dont know the details, nor did the clerk at the counter, but it was free of charge and i had to sign a paper for it!...

There must have been more than just fuel injection updates because when the car was ready i also received a printed copy that my car now has a *new WiFi pwd* (same SSID).

Anyways

When i got home i thought that i might aswell configure my phone with the new WiFi password. But to my surprise there is no WiFi signal at all. I have app in phone that scans all visible (and "invisible") networks, but my car wifi network is not showing.

Spent 20 minutes looking in settings and service menus if there is a way to activate WiFi but i found none.

Anyone knows if it is possible to enable WiFi in an easy way or do i have to drive 45 minutes (one way) to the car dealer?

Just picked up my 2018 Outlander las6 night, so feel a little presumption in providing good advice.

It appeared that in doing the WiFi setup that standard setting was “off” which means that the WiFi is off when the car is turned on. So had turn car off to even see a WiFi signal. Once that was accomplished I could then choose the option to “on” which means the WiFi is always on.

Perhaps you had the car on, but the new software standard is no WiFi in that mode.

Thanks for reply, i have scanned for WiFi again while car is turned off, but no visible or hidden SSID is available. How did you trigger the WiFi setup?

Baingyl said:
Hi

Today my car was in for the second annual standard service (car is from december 2015). The man at the service counter said that there was a "Mitsubishi campaign" some kind of software update for fuel injection or something beeing performed, I dont know the details, nor did the clerk at the counter, but it was free of charge and i had to sign a paper for it!...

There must have been more than just fuel injection updates because when the car was ready i also received a printed copy that my car now has a *new WiFi pwd* (same SSID).

Anyways

When i got home i thought that i might aswell configure my phone with the new WiFi password. But to my surprise there is no WiFi signal at all. I have app in phone that scans all visible (and "invisible") networks, but my car wifi network is not showing.

Spent 20 minutes looking in settings and service menus if there is a way to activate WiFi but i found none.

Anyone knows if it is possible to enable WiFi in an easy way or do i have to drive 45 minutes (one way) to the car dealer?

Not sure what the Service did to disable your Wi-fi on the PHEV.

Are you trying to use the Outlander PHEV II Remote Control 2 App?

I initially had a problem setting up the App at the Dealership because their Wi-fi Network signal was too week.

When I got home I followed the procedure on the APP. Be sure you have a strong WiFi Network Signal at your home.

1) Open Close the Drivers door
2) Press the PHEV Start button without pressing the Brake Panel (Access Mode)
3) Press the Lock then Unlock buttons on the Remote alternatively 5 times each. (10 presses in total)
4) A tone will beep from Car
5) Within 10 seconds, Enter the SSID and Password for your Vehicle
6) Press Register

Once you are notified that your Vehicle has been registered you should see the SSID signal for your Vehicle.

See if the above procedure works for you.

Good luck.

robdickinson said:
a wifi scanning app should at least show the ssid available..

I think the PHEV Wi-fi needs to have the SSID registered 1st.

When I 1st attempted to set up the app with my 2018 PHEV there was no SSID for it. Once I registered I could then see the SSID

REMOTE44Y** but not before it got Registered.

The ** is to protect my Privacy. LOL

Yes, i think that wifi has been factory reset ie turned off and needs activation with the initial teaming/activation procedure described. Will try tomorrow. Need to be able to remotely controle the heater since a snowstorm is going on atm and will for the next couple of days.

Thank you everyone so far for input. Will update with results tomorrow. :)

The upgrade causing problems has already be aired at the end of last year and, as I remember, was being done with the spark plug recall exercise - which sounds as though what you got. As I only have a Gx3H (no wifi) I didn't pay that much attention to it but a search of the site should bring it up for you. However, I though Mitsu had suspended the wifi upgrade because of the problems.

Check to see if the timer settings are still visible in your MMCS.

Mine had the wifi security update applied, and, according to the dealer, this killed the "remote module" in the car.

The end result was no timers, and no wifi.

Mitsubishi actually halted that recall, I believe because of this problem.

See also:

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3081

and

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3299

Hi guys

I have managed to get WiFi pairing process up´n running. However my problem now is that my phone and/or app refuse to bind to the VIN id. I am wondering if there is an old phone entry in the car for my Samsung Galaxy S7 that needs to be deleted before i can pair again. I will try with another never before paired phone and see if that works.

This is all so extremely irritating, especially now when it is minus 15 celsius! Litterally freezing my nuts off sitting in the car with this crap.

To be continued...

Hi.

1. there are now 3 (tre) diffent APP:s. http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/
Välj rätt.

2. lägg INTE upp WiFi separat (med psw). Ta bort om redan gjort.
3. Välj SSID och ange (nya) psw i outlander-appen

Here comes the solution.

I was using the app "Outlander PHEV remote control" (vA1.4.0) and have been for the last two years.

But now when the car has new SW i must use "Outlander PHEV I" (vA1.7.2). I triggered the pairing procedure and BOOM the phone got VIN registered! :)

Back