wifi incorrect password

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonn3

I am so sorry to ask this question again but I am going crazy trying to find an answer. I am trying to connect the remote control app to the car that I have recently bought. I follow the steps but when I try to join the wifi app it says "incorrect password". Am I doing something wrong when following the steps or is there a way to reset the password?

I am in the UK and Mitsubishi no longer operates here so taking it to a dealership is not an option.

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Hi there,

A couple of things to consider here.

Firstly make sure that you have the right version of the app compared to the version that is installed on the car.

The length of the passwords change across the different versions, so an old app can't connect to a new system.

Next, the password can be revealed by the MMCS computer or via ODB.

If you have the 'screen' you can boot into dealer mode by holding down a combination of keys while it is booting up.

The key combination may change by model, so consulting a service manual would be a good idea.

Probably the easiest way is to take the car to the company that is now servicing PHEVs in the UK.

They will have appropriate ODB tools and access to manuals etc.

If second hand vehicle you must de-register the old phones linked to the car since it can connect only to 2 registered devices.

Back