Wipers operate when power button pressed to ON

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

Was wondering if any other forum members have had the wipers operate when the power button was pressed. The wiper control switch is in AUTO with the sensitivity in the mid position. There is nothing on the rain sensor and the behavior is repeatable. The washers do not operate, only the wipers. Have had a single wipe, to up to 5 consecutive wipes. The wipers do not appear to come back ON again during driving. Might be another computer glitch to add to the list.

Is the screen nice and clean? The book does warn that dirt or dust on the screen can trigger the wipers to run in Auto mode. I have never had a problem, but I am surprised that you find it necessary to set the sensitivity so high - for me, the correct setting is either minimum or one click above minimum.

The car is over 5 months less new now and the sensitivity setting has not been changed. It was set for one swipe per about 5 secs. Just to remove road spray. Just started happening some time after the car had been worked on as part of the problem discovery process.

BTW the window is squeaky clean.

Also have had the rear wiper come on in sympathy.
Spoke to the owner of a Nissan LEAF, and he commented that the wipers came on when the car was powered ON in hot weather.

It may be someone else's problem now, so I won't worry about it.

PS I have investigated this further and the wipers operate when powering ON irrespective of any settings to intermittent or rain sensing option. Looks like a processor fault somewhere.

Back