You can get your PHEV to do in excess of 500 mpg, if you drive carefully, and frugally.....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly that. Had you not come on and spouted nonsense and claimed it must be true as your son is clever with a totally unrelated qualification, you would not find yourself on the end of my vitriol.

Exactly that. Had you not come on and spouted nonsense and claimed it must be true as your son is clever with a totally unrelated qualification, you would not find yourself on the end of my vitriol.
But why vitriol? Can't you save that for something important OFF this Forum, like Putin, or..... I'll leave it at that.

Members may notice that some posts have been deleted.

May I take this opportunity to recommend that the snide remarks stop at this point?

That includes all the passive aggressive comments about other members being passive aggressive.

No bullying mate, just facts.
To paraphrase:
Always, always be in Normal. When even in EV and battery is gone the consumption goes trough the roof...
When asked direct question you have changed the tune... Charge, Save, EV mode... all modes apparently.
The only consistent thing in your posts is exactly what you are complaining of, self-describing as better...

Last edited:
I like this. I'm almost a neighbour - I live near Northwich - and have only had a 2020 Outlander PHEV since last Thursday. Hence I am in sponge mode so far as information like this is concerned. Anything else I urgently or even very usefully need to know?
I've had a 2017 Outlander PHEV from new, and it's the best car I've ever had (been driving since 1964 so I've had a few!). Small problem during covid lockdown was that minimum driving and only short journeys meant that it didn't use any petrol at all for a few weeks. But full marks to Mitsubishi - the computer gave me a "dirty fuel" warning. Tank wasn't full, so I filled up and then drove next shopping journey on 'save' mode. Problem solved! By the way, so far the battery has done OK. Over six years old now, but I'm still getting regularly over 20 miles on full charge. Also, like you, in Middle England - Peak District.

Back