Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone else who wouldn't have a PHEV again?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:30 pm 

Off to Alta Badia coming Saturday :) :) Maybe not that challenging, but with 1250 Km of runs and 460 lifts to choose from I'm sure I'll find something to my taste - at least, I have for the last twenty years.. :mrgreen:

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 am 

I'd buy another one just for the preheat feature! Marvellous!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:31 am 

so... given the responses (and all the tangents) to the original question, if money was no issue what would you go for next if not an outlander PHEV? for me, i'd wait for the tesla x and give that a go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 am 

Phever wrote:
so... given the responses (and all the tangents) to the original question, if money was no issue what would you go for next if not an outlander PHEV? for me, i'd wait for the tesla x and give that a go.

If money were not an issue, I might well have another PHEV! I do really quite like it and if I could regard it as almost disposable I would be happy to have another. It's only if I have to justify the purchase in financial terms that some of the alternatives begin to look attractive....

There's no way I would have a pure EV at the moment - at any price - and I can't see that changing in the remainder of my driving life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 am 

Phever wrote:

A "Twisted" Land Rover Defender v8 ; Range Rover Supercharged (previous model + LPG coversion); Porsche 911 Turbo (993 RUF 500bhp conversion) and BMW i3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:21 am 

jaapv wrote:
Off to Alta Badia coming Saturday :) :) Maybe not that challenging, but with 1250 Km of runs and 460 lifts to choose from I'm sure I'll find something to my taste - at least, I have for the last twenty years.. :mrgreen:

Mmmm... :roll:

The 1250 km of runs in DolomitiSuperski are not all connected.
The 600 km of runs in 3Vallées are all connected. Same thing in the Portes du Soleil, another great ski area ... and I don't speak about Tignes/Val d'Isère 8-)

Anyway : even the 3Valleys' runs are too numerous for just a week !

Have fun in Alta Badia :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:33 am 

True, however, I am in Colfosco, in the middle, and that will give direct access to over half of the runs. :)

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 pm 

Phever wrote:

If money was no issue :?: - it was, still is & always will be a 1967 Ford Mustang convertible in black or red - even if I never actually drove it anywhere :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 am 

The reason I chose the car (MY2016) are:

1. fiscal benefits (this car costs me € 400,- less than my previous Volvo V70);
2. it's got everything I need (space, power, boot, ability to tow);
3. it's not near as ugly as the old model :lol:
4. alternative Plugin hybrids (Passat GTE, BENZ C350E) could not be delivered anymore in 2015, so there was no competition.

I cannot answer the question whether I would have a PHEV again. Right now, I think that the choice I have made, is the right one. I'm happy with it and ít's not perfect, but nothing is really.

I will choose the Outlander PHEV (or the new version) again in 2020, if:

1. Electric range is increased substantially (> 100 miles);
2. The car can be forced into pure EV mode;
3. Mitsubishi dealers are nice to me (for example: free update of the already outdated maps);
4. There are no better alternatives :).
5. Parking sensors are less sensitive: they make you stop well before you are close to a wall. 10 cm is enough space before beeping is continues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:04 am 

Pancake wrote:
Parking sensors are less sensitive: they make you stop well before you are close to a wall. 10 cm is enough space before beeping is continues.

Whilst I agree about them being currently too conservative, I think it is set to allow the tailgate space to open if up against a vertical obstruction.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next