New Front Parking Sensor Kit

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Hi Guys, I hope you can help. I ordered a GX3 and asked for front parking sensors. When it arrived at the dealers it didn't have front parking sensors, but was told that Mitsubishi had released a new kit with 4 sensors and not just the 2 and they would fit the kit at the dealers. I'm not convinced they haven't just fitted an after market kit. Can anyone with factory fitted front sensors tell me how they work? What I mean by that is do they have a on/off switch, where is the switch if there is one, and does the front sensors come on with the rears when selecting reverse gear?
I look forward to your feedback.

If you've got 4 sensors at the front you're probably better off. The two corner ones are pretty much pants. I don't find much use for them.

MinimalMayhem said:
If you've got 4 sensors at the front you're probably better off. The two corner ones are pretty much pants. I don't find much use for them.

Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me does your front sensors come on with the rears when selecting reverse? And do they turn off when you select a forward gear or drive?

From memory the front ones are always on and silenced by the round button on dash to right of steering wheel. Rear only comes on when reversing. I have gx4hs and had front and rear sensors added.

I'll double check what they do tonight. Do yours work differently?

MinimalMayhem said:
From memory the front ones are always on and silenced by the round button on dash to right of steering wheel. Rear only comes on when reversing. I have gx4hs and had front and rear sensors added.

Same as ours. Two sensors only on the front.

NAPpy

MinimalMayhem said:

I'll double check what they do tonight. Do yours work differently?

My fronts come on when you start the car which is annoying. When you get to around 12 to 15 mph they turn off, which is what there supposed to do. But they don't stay off, when you slow down they come back on again and I have to turn them off at the button. As for the rears, sometimes when I select reverse I get a continuing beep as though there is something right behind me when there isn't anything there. Other times they work fine.

Any way to disable the front sensors. I'm regretting paying for these things. It's a ear piercing noise when you start up the car and they don't really assist that well when parking anyway. Even if i could turn the volume down would be an improvement.

Does anyone know where the computer/box fir the front sensors is kept?

I wonder if it's a standard computer/box for four sensors but Mitsubishi only fit two at the front. Therefore you can easily add another two sensors to the box by using sensors from another kit.... They all seem to be pretty standard nowadays....

Just a thought.

Car going in for the first service tomorrow. I have asked for them to disable the front sensors. Just to annoying. People I have spoken to so far seem pretty hopeless so I'm not holding my breath. If they can't I will start looking for fuses/wires myself.

Back