GEEKY - My Outlander Exceed PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekyAU

I have had GEEKY for just on a month now, 2023 Outlander Exceed with (almost) all the bells and whistles.

processed-B04F692C-9FD3-4E74-B358-30D24D190059.jpeg

I purchased all the internal lighting (last one for the phone to be installed). The projection to ground is my absolute favourite:
processed-8987B4CB-438D-41CE-BF43-73188780F357.jpeg
processed-2B4DE62D-1E7E-46A8-95B6-A63285402C6B.jpeg

Externally, I have the protection pack and the style pack. Still awaiting the side skirts due to stock availability.
processed-2083EFDD-E609-493C-8C09-3EE5A551939A.jpeg

I may or may not have upgraded to get all the chrome bits :D
processed-15C9CFB2-3887-4E67-AEF6-D084953C1715.jpeg
processed-1A67121E-02BC-449B-AE91-A80271008749.jpeg

I did get the accent for the fuel lid, I really like it! Shame they don't have one for the EV side also:
processed-073CEE34-E94F-4FA1-BAF8-F00C65BE8155.jpeg

In the boot, I started with the soft liner, but, have to be honest I wasn't a huge fan. So I ended up going back for the hard liner. The lump you see here will make more sense in the next shot. Also these are both the rear chrome protectors visible.
processed-5A5FBD81-FC52-459D-A526-CE9F37F7BB7C.jpeg
processed-806E14AD-DE8B-4F77-A65D-E0FE57EAE2B9.jpeg

And finally the rear including the chrome accents on the rear bumper and the chrome accent on the boot itself:
processed-57476BDB-E347-46F1-9991-9BB1370CD7D4.jpeg

I ended up buying the Christmas Tree (as the dealer called it) including a wealth of accessories:
  • Protection Pack
    • Hood Protector (tinted)
    • Side wind deflectors
    • Floor mats PHEV
    • Luggage soft tray (personally not a huge fan after using it)
    • Cargo inner plate
  • Style Set
    • Hood emblem in black (be aware this clashes with the protection pack, you basically can't see it on the car, haha it is there!)
    • Front corner garnish
    • Side garnish (pics to come when installed)
    • Rear corner garnish
    • PHEV body side decal (I felt this was a little meh so didn't have it installed)
  • Front skid garnish
  • Rear bumper garnish
  • Tailgate garnish
  • Side protection garnish
  • Fuel lid (PHEV)
  • Mud guards (front and back, will provide pics when they finally arrive)
  • Mirror cover, Chrome (LOVE IT)
  • Chrome door handle accent (also LOVE IT)
  • Rear bumper protector, Chrome
  • Projection illumination to ground
  • Scuff plate, without illumination
  • Console illumination
  • Indirect illumination with mat (will photograph when installed)
  • Interior floor illumination
  • One touch sunshade (only just have had this arrive, will take pics soon)
  • Towbar Kit (PHEV), 50mm Chrome Towball and cover
  • Electric Trailer Brake Kit (PHEV) (yet to be installed, pending stock)
  • Cargo liner (upgraded to this after I was not too stoked with the luggage soft tray
  • Charging cable storage kit (PHEV) this is actually awesome has velcro so you can stick it to the back of one of the seats. I have another one on the way as I carry both the L1 charger and L2 cable.
Always happy to answer any questions, will pull together a review shortly. In summary though, LOVING the new wheels!

If it were black rather than white and if you don't open the bonnet, that could be my new X-Trail! They are built on the same platform but with different drive trains...

Martin

Impressive collection of photos. Question though - with all that pimping, why didn't you go for the Exceed?
Thank you kindly!

It is the Exceed, I didn't go the tourer, as I honestly just couldn't get used to the orange colour inside. If it wasn't for that, I would have gone the Tourer hands down!

My bad - I meant the Tourer. We went for that version - I rather got used to the orange, and Mrs TheMaiz actually liked it. I'm exceptionally impressed with the seats in the Tourer - on my last trip from Sydney to Queensland I drove for over five hours without stopping, and still felt fantastic.

My bad - I meant the Tourer. We went for that version - I rather got used to the orange, and Mrs TheMaiz actually liked it. I'm exceptionally impressed with the seats in the Tourer - on my last trip from Sydney to Queensland I drove for over five hours without stopping, and still felt fantastic.
Ahhh yep that makes sense. MxGeeky wasn't a fan as much as I was, I may have grown to like it, but, struggled when I drove the demo. How are the massaging seats? That is the ONLY thing that I am bummed I didn't get :(

Ahhh yep that makes sense. MxGeeky wasn't a fan as much as I was, I may have grown to like it, but, struggled when I drove the demo. How are the massaging seats? That is the ONLY thing that I am bummed I didn't get :(
The massage is more about your back than... 😂 I used the massager sparingly on the long trip. I suspect if I was doing a massively longer run (endless days of many more hours per day) that the massager would be more used. And, to be fair, I tend to not use airline seat massagers either. Bottom line (pun intended) I need to experiment more!

The massage is more about your back than... 😂 I used the massager sparingly on the long trip. I suspect if I was doing a massively longer run (endless days of many more hours per day) that the massager would be more used. And, to be fair, I tend to not use airline seat massagers either. Bottom line (pun intended) I need to experiment more!
HAHAHA. OK that is good to know, haha yes you should give it a go more, don't let them go to waste!

I'm fond of telling people...

... I haven't visited a physiotherapist since I bought the Outie.

If my back is playing up, I turn on the back heater in the car and go for a drive.

Problem solved!

I'm fond of telling people...

... I haven't visited a physiotherapist since I bought the Outie.

If my back is playing up, I turn on the back heater in the car and go for a drive.

Problem solved!
If you got a 23/24 you could have massaging seats as an option. Used it a few times in mine ... totally stupid option (but others seem to like it). Heated seats are nice, but in winter it's the heated steering wheel which gets top marks.

Back