Need some help please .

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k1k2k3

Hi there

Need some help before I make the purchase.

Wanna import the phev from Japan instead of buying from local dealer in NZ
But the voltage in Japan is 100v and Nz is 220V.

Do I need to get an inverter to charge up my phev ? Or I can just use an adaptor to plug the charger straight to my power point .

Anyone could give me some advice ?

The charging unit (either portable or fixed) converts grid supply to the correct input for the phev. In theory you would just need a different portable charge unit. However, it may be that the connector on the phev for Japan market is different to the export market.

Thanks for ur reply

The connection is exactly the same as export model

Just worry abt the charging unit

I think I can , but just don't know how the charging works ,cause electronics from japan can't be charged oversea due to the different voltage

k1k2k3 said:
Hi there

Need some help before I make the purchase.

Wanna import the phev from Japan instead of buying from local dealer in NZ
But the voltage in Japan is 100v and Nz is 220V.

Do I need to get an inverter to charge up my phev ? Or I can just use an adaptor to plug the charger straight to my power point .

Anyone could give me some advice ?

May I ask why you would do this?
Would you keep/get any warranty on the vehicle?

The charging unit (either portable or fixed) converts grid supply to the correct input for the phev. In theory you would just need a different portable charge unit. However, it may be that the connector on the phev for Japan market is different to the export market.

This not correct. Charging unit is just a switch and ground tester for safety. It does not "convert" anything.
Its simple enough to build one on Arduio DIY kit :)
All power electronics is on-board. Topic starter can buy any charger localy - it will work. Also, he can choose a charging station current limit at any value he wants ( and grid allow ).
( yes, limit info if stored inside charing station - station instruct the onboard charger to limit load )

PS> All above is for slow home charging stations. Powerful fast stations work a little diffrent.

Back