Fast (relatively speaking)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vs2

2016 Phev. Same piece of road, no incline and tested both ways 5 times. Begin without ICE running and climate on 22C automatic. Outside temp about 18C. 0-100 kmh average 9.2 seconds.

I also installed the PHEV Box and Thomas needed to connect with Teamviewer to change a couple of settings from his EU test cars. (something to do with voltage/throttle response?)

Is it possible the NZ Phev is faster..lol. 11 seconds is what the online roadtests etc stated but my gut feeling was the car was quicker and I think I'm right.

The diffeernce is whether the ICE is running when you start your test. A 2013 car can get under 10 seconds as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOVoACjlaY

jaapv said:
So we are to conclude that Mitsubishi provides a secret GT version which is distributed randomlY?
I did not say the 2013 version was slower. Or other cars were slower. I just said the difference was probably not related to a running engine, as vs2 said his engine was not running.

The discrepancy between the official 11.0 seconds and the de-facto 9.9 sec is considerable. The with/without ICE prestart value is the only explanation I can come up with, but happy to hear any other.

Depends how you're measuring the car's speed. The speedometer over reads and will show 100kph when the car isn't actually travelling that fast . Might only be 3/5 kph but will make a difference.

JimB

The difference is 3 Km/H @ 100 on my car (GPS speedometer app) So 100 real=103 speedo. Even then there is 1 second difference.

jaapv said:
The discrepancy between the official 11.0 seconds and the de-facto 9.9 sec is considerable. The with/without ICE prestart value is the only explanation I can come up with, but happy to hear any other.
Sure. But not in this case, I guess, as he said the engine was off. I have done several sprint tests (one foot on the brake and one on the throttle, both engine on and engine off), while monitoring speed (real not dash) and e-motor torque / RPM via the OBDII port. I have seen little dips in the power built up when the engine was not pre-started (like turbo lag), but never saw this translate into significantly slower 0-100 times. I think this is because when you floor it, the engine is started in anticipation, even before the battery is maxed out.

Not an accurate test. Used Garmin dashboard for GPS (100kph gps = 104 car speedo) and a stopwatch. ICE was OFF when started test.

Before I brought the car and after reading reviews I was hesitant about its performance compared to other PHEV's, EV's and Hybrids. I was hesitant about ICE & EV mode and also just EV mode.

Maybe it's NZ roads but I'm ok with the performance of this car after owning it for a couple of months. I can also do everything I need to do just in EV mode (within range).

2000 km done and 2.6 L/100km and straight line performance about the same as my old Discovery 4 diesel so I'm feeling ok with this decision.

anko said:
jaapv said:
Sure. But not in this case, I guess, as he said the engine was off. I have done several sprint tests (one foot on the brake and one on the throttle, both engine on and engine off), while monitoring speed (real not dash) and e-motor torque / RPM via the OBDII port. I have seen little dips in the power built up when the engine was not pre-started (like turbo lag), but never saw this translate into significantly slower 0-100 times. I think this is because when you floor it, the engine is started in anticipation, even before the battery is maxed out.
Which means that the factory gives out fairly conservative figures and some reviewers do not test but copy-paste, I suppose.

I should of mentioned the cold air box I installed, plus 20l of race fuel, tire's at 65 psi and interior stripped out (including the dog)

Back