How to drive the ***** from someone in a sporty car :-)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this (but hold on tight to the weel, tends to pull to the side easily :)

1) When stopping a a red light or something with a car in the other lane
2) Press CHARGE so that the ICE engine starts and run a full RPM
3) Be sure driving mode is NORMAL and that you have power on the battery
4) When the light gets green press the accelerator to the bottom

The other car looks like it has parked in the rear mirror :)

And whilst you are looking in the mirror with you foot full on the throttle thank your lucky stars for the FCM system and nimble pedestrians... :roll:

jaapv said:
And whilst you are looking in the mirror with you foot full on the throttle thank your lucky stars for the FCM system and nimble pedestrians
As always. Saftly first. Only test in safe environments (like highways or non pedestrian areas).

wooow i just tried it, that was unexpected. i knew it was pretty fast but this was great. lets not do that too much with cold engine

You need to get out more.
The PHEV is not as quick off the lights as a truly sporty car. For instance my 911 will leave it for dead and it is only a carrera not the quicker turbo.
If you want to experience a truly quick car off the lights try a tesla with ludicrous or insane mode engaged.

jkh112 said:
You need to get out more.
The PHEV is not as quick off the lights as a truly sporty car. For instance my 911 will leave it for dead and it is only a carrera not the quicker turbo.
If you want to experience a truly quick car off the lights try a tesla with ludicrous or insane mode engaged.

I tried it today and It's pretty quick as Lars described using above. I have the latest version and believe it's a couple of seconds quicker on the 0 - 60mph slot anyway than the previous version?

Not really, about ten secs (Mitsubishi was very conservative in their specs) for the first version, maybe a few tenths quicker for the new ones. Anyway, driving my summer car now, and despite having approximately the same specifications on paper as the PHEV it feels a whole lot more nimble, despite being 50 years older :twisted:

jaapv said:
Not really, about ten secs (Mitsubishi was very conservative in their specs) for the first version, maybe a few tenths quicker for the new ones. Anyway, driving my summer car now, and despite having approximately the same specifications on paper as the PHEV it feels a whole lot more nimble, despite being 50 years older :twisted:

Ha Ha - me also in summer car mode - I felt the need for some petrol fuelled, manual gearbox acceleration so took the 1972 classic to work - despite only having a 1.3L engine, she'll leave most standing. It's not what you've got, it's how you use it....

That sounds like a not-detuned Spitfire mark IV. ;)
This is my petrolhead fun, 1963 TR4:

L1000953.jpg

Upload your photo, preferably not more than 960 pixels on the long side, up to a photosharing site (like Photobucket) and copy the
code. Paste into your post.

Of course, I've never owned one of these beasts myself, but it wouldn't have been quite so much fun in the rain drenched hills of West Kerry or the blistering heat of County Clare, last week - whereas, my PHEV faultlessly dealt with everything I threw at it, from the motorways of UK to the twisting single track roads in Ireland. In fact, despite being shod with the standard Toyos, I found the handling better than any car I've had before (much to alarm of my 16 year old granddaughter :twisted: ) and even accelerating up to 95mph in one overtaking manoeuvre into the teeth of an oncoming truck. 1200 miles in comfort and returning around 40mpg :p

Yes, some overnights where I was staying via a heavy duty waterproof extension cable and the odd free top up courtesy of Ecotricity & esb in Ireland. However, most of my low speed driving at 50-60kph (30-40mpg) in built up areas was funded by using Charge at higher speeds in the countryside to maintain a 5-10 mile SOC reserve.

Back