TIP, TRICKS and MODIFICATIONS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
emm3t said:
To stop the airconditioning compressor coming on when you have "auto" turned on in the heating system, press the air conditioning button (the snowflake) for 10 seconds. When you hear three rapid beeps, then the auto button is disconnected from the a/c button...

Really useful tip and implemented. Just drove Cambridge to Nottingham and the air con now a lot more user friendly and controllable IMHO. Thanks, Jeff

anko said:
Micke said:
Hi!

I am a new Outlander PHEV 2016 owner and I found i nice tips here:
"1. Press the LDW button for 10 seconds to swap to LDW 2 mode - this means it is off normally - until you switch it back on for motorways etc."
but for some reason I cant get this to work."

Do have to make this in some special "mode" to make it apply?

Thanks
Michael
I think this is not supported in all countries.

I also cannot get this to work...

Ubermass said:
anko said:
Micke said:
Hi!

"1. Press the LDW button for 10 seconds to swap to LDW 2 mode - this means it is off normally - until you switch it back on for motorways etc."

Thanks
Michael

Worked for me.

Ubermass said:
anko said:
Micke said:
Hi!

Thanks
Michael

Works for Australian delivered models.

Micke said:
I started the car and LDW was on as usual, I turned it off and released the button, now I pressed it again and held it for about 15 sec, when I released it this time it turned to LDW 2 and it LDW 2 since then:)
This method worked for me on UK GX4hs. I thought it hadn't worked as LDW was still on after successive restarts but it seems LDW2 makes the switch sticky so whatever state it is in when powered down is the state it powers up in on my car.

nrgbod said:
Micke said:
I started the car and LDW was on as usual, I turned it off and released the button, now I pressed it again and held it for about 15 sec, when I released it this time it turned to LDW 2 and it LDW 2 since then:)
This method worked for me on UK GX4hs. I thought it hadn't worked as LDW was still on after successive restarts but it seems LDW2 makes the switch sticky so whatever state it is in when powered down is the state it powers up in on my car.

what's LDW?

Locking the charging cable;
If you (like me) have a tow hitch there is a small loop for the security cord where I use a padlock to lock my charging cable. I initially used a bicycle loop lock around the tire with a padlock.

Did you guys know that you can open the sunroof more than the normal limit?
Well,al you have to do is first,open it by sliding the normal button and wait till the glass stops.now slide the button again(the way you used to open the sunroof) it’ll go further.
Cool right! :)

NS633 said:
Well,al you have to do is first,open it by sliding the normal button and wait till the glass stops.now slide the button again(the way you used to open the sunroof) it’ll go further.

That is documented in the instruction manual - Mitsubishi describe the default opening as optimum for airflow and warn that opening it to the maximum may increase noise and turbulance

maby said:
NS633 said:

That is documented in the instruction manual - Mitsubishi describe the default opening as optimum for airflow and warn that opening it to the maximum may increase noise and turbulance
Oh sorry about that,the problem is I have a JDM,so the manuals are all in Japanese :roll:
Have missed a loooot then :cry:

ThrustSSC said:
outofyorkshire said:
Holding the right paddle for 2 secs, resets the drive mode back to D..ie B2 :D
You can re-select D on the gearstick, too, if you prefer to use that to select regenerative braking.

Furthermore, you can (mis-)use the gearstick for immediate free coasting mode by shifting to "R" while driving.
The car will answer with a beep for being mistreated by the driver :).
"Sailing" will be similar to B0 position.
You need to set "D" manually again for getting the motors back to work.

Harald said:
ThrustSSC said:
outofyorkshire said:
Holding the right paddle for 2 secs, resets the drive mode back to D..ie B2 :D
You can re-select D on the gearstick, too, if you prefer to use that to select regenerative braking.

Furthermore, you can (mis-)use the gearstick for immediate free coasting mode by shifting to "R" while driving.
The car will answer with a beep for being mistreated by the driver :).
"Sailing" will be similar to B0 position.
You need to set "D" manually again for getting the motors back to work.

What about the reverse camera?
Will it come ON?

It's a shame that we can't turn our camera on while driving...

When I'm towing my trailer, it is completely invisible behind the car, I'd love to be able to see what is going on behind me...

I'm thinking about buying some extra cameras for this reason, and also to make reversing the trailer easier. (Very narrow gate between brick pillars)

Back