Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Outlander keyfob hack. REMOTE HEATER!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am 

elm70 wrote:
Anyhow ... there are millions of possible reasons...

fully agree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am 

Assuming this still works on a 2018 model year, would it be possible to disconnect the panic button and use that existing button for remote heating instead?

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm 

Harald wrote:
elm70 wrote:
Anyhow ... there are millions of possible reasons...

fully agree

Well if you think about it, the app displays a warning about putting the heater on when there are people in the car. They obviously can't put out a warning if the now missing button on the key fob turned the heater on. That's my guess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:37 pm 

Has anyone with a 2017 or 2018 had any luck at all with this? I really want to find a way to get this to work, but haven’t had any luck. When I short the contacts on the side of the fob where the blank button would be, the light on the fob flashes, but the car doesn’t react at all.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Molten Silver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 am 

generaltso wrote:
Has anyone with a 2017 or 2018 had any luck at all with this? I really want to find a way to get this to work, but haven’t had any luck. When I short the contacts on the side of the fob where the blank button would be, the light on the fob flashes, but the car doesn’t react at all.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

You need to make a double click .. like for open the trunk door.

Once the double click is recognized, the car will make 3 blinker flash for acknowledge the request.

After the process start .. normally nothing can be hear .. at least if heating is requested, first the car need to warm up some fluid, and then it will use the blower for send warm air in the cabin .. this process can take several minutes based on the outside temperature.

As far as I know, not every PHEV has electric heating system.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 am 

elm70 wrote:

Once the double click is recognized, the car will make 3 blinker flash for acknowledge the request.

After the process start .. normally nothing can be hear .. at least if heating is requested, first the car need to warm up some fluid, and then it will use the blower for send warm air in the cabin .. this process can take several minutes based on the outside temperature.

Yup, I did try a double click. I also tried a triple click and quadruple click just to make sure. But the car does not respond at all. My car does have an electric heater, and I do use preheat through a schedule and through the app. Not sure what else to try.

Molten Silver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:34 am 

generaltso wrote:
elm70 wrote:

Yup, I did try a double click. I also tried a triple click and quadruple click just to make sure. But the car does not respond at all. My car does have an electric heater, and I do use preheat through a schedule and through the app. Not sure what else to try.

I would be very interested in if this will work for a US 2018. The app with Android is simply terrible and only works maybe 5% of the connection attempts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:44 am 

vtski56 wrote:
I would be very interested in if this will work for a US 2018. The app with Android is simply terrible and only works maybe 5% of the connection attempts.

I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t get it to work. Unless anyone can come up with something else to try, it seems to be a no go with the 2018.

Molten Silver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 am 

generaltso wrote:
vtski56 wrote:

I’ve tried everything I can think of and can’t get it to work. Unless anyone can come up with something else to try, it seems to be a no go with the 2018.

I took the key fob out today. Here is what I tried:

1) Using a screwdriver bit I was able to short the two contacts directly across from the EV charge stop button.
2) I tried continuous and double and triple taps. The remote control light would illuminate but nothing seemed to happen on the vehicle.
3) While inside the vehicle, I shorted with the screwdriver and pushed the EV charge stop button at the same time. This locked the vehicle. When I tried this outside the vehicle, nothing seemed to happen. Did not seem to activate any HVAC function.
4) I tried a bunch of other combinations as well with various buttons. Non of which seem to have changes anything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 am 

I'm curious about the unused SW3 on the 2018 key fob too. So far I can't see it doing anything, but being labeled as "SW3" inside - I would think it would do the same thing as SW3 on the older key fobs. Oh wait - that is reported as nothing.

It seems to go to TP5, then on to pin 23 on the main integrated circuit.

Attachment:
KeyFob-top.jpeg

Attachment:
KeyFob-bottom.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next