Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am
Posts: 8
Evening all

Has anyone else encountered issues with connecting their android device to the car using the app after upgrading to Android 9. My phone (Huawei) updated the OS on Wednesday and my app suddenly stopped being able to connect. The first time I went to use it I got a message stating "This app was built for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer.".

I've de-registered all devices, reinstalled the app but no joy. When attempting to register on the app, the SSID list is empty. Luckily I have an old phone using an old version of android which connecting with no problem. Very strange.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm
Posts: 1703
markhals wrote:
Evening all

Has anyone else encountered issues with connecting their android device to the car using the app after upgrading to Android 9. My phone (Huawei) updated the OS on Wednesday and my app suddenly stopped being able to connect. The first time I went to use it I got a message stating "This app was built for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer.".

I've de-registered all devices, reinstalled the app but no joy. When attempting to register on the app, the SSID list is empty. Luckily I have an old phone using an old version of android which connecting with no problem. Very strange.


Probably hacked by the Chinese government :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:10 am
Posts: 10
I have exactly the same problem.
I have emailed the developer but don't expect any response.
The PHEV I app shows the SSIDs but don't know if it will connect as it is for 14 digit password.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 pm
Posts: 172
Have you got an old phone? android? that will connect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am
Posts: 8
Kesto wrote:
Have you got an old phone? android? that will connect


Yes that's my current work around but it's not ideal. Emailed mitsubishi but not expecting anything back. Will try the 1 app to see if it works when I get some spare time today. Mitsubishi don't make it easy do they!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:09 pm
Posts: 172
Hi Marshals, I have tried everything , dealer , Samsung , this website - nothing worked. I also spoke the Samsung service centre , there is an update called Creo I think which is the problem. You will have to use the old phone unless you change car to 2018-19 model and use PHEV II app.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am
Posts: 8
Kesto wrote:
Hi Marshals, I have tried everything , dealer , Samsung , this website - nothing worked. I also spoke the Samsung service centre , there is an update called Creo I think which is the problem. You will have to use the old phone unless you change car to 2018-19 model and use PHEV II app.


Hi Kesto, I actually received a response from the app developer (Japanese Mitsubishi) which is as follows:

Your device is Android 8.0 or later you cannot use "OUTLANDER PHEV I" app. If so, we recommend you to receive a Service Campaign, “Improvement regarding third party's access to the Mitsubishi Remote Control on the Outlander PHEV" from your nearby Mitsubishi dealership and carry out registration again by using "OUTLANDER PHEV I" application which supports Android 8.0.or later

I think they mean the dealer needs to perform a software upgrade and give me a 14 character password to replace my 10 character password, and then I'll be able to use the I app. My car is due in to have the safety recalls in March so will contact the service centre soon to see what they say and whether they have heard of this. So frustrating that they can't release an update for the original app!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 am
Posts: 8
Update - contacted Milton Keynes Mitsubishi. The guy on the phone knew about the wifi password and said an update can be added onto my safety recalls. The car is due in on 6th March so fingers crossed they can sort me out with a new password!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 am
Posts: 66
It's something with how Android treats wifi networks without internet access.

Put the phone in Flightmode and then enable WiFi (still in flight mode).
Then try to connect.

Works for me.

Still the worst app I've ever used...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Android 9 and the remote app
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:26 am
Posts: 57
I just had a quick go with mine, as I haven't needed the app since upgrading to Pie some weeks ago. I have a Oneplus 5T and the 14 character password version of the app.

Mine connected fine, and there was a second, slightly different, warning message once connection was successful. I clicked on Cancel and used it without any issues.

I'd recommend three steps:

    Reset the WiFi in the car by using the hazard lights and 20 click method.
    Make sure that you're running the very latest version of Pie (9.0.2 sorted out some WiFi issues).
    Turn off all options in Settings, Wireless & Internet, Wireless, Wireless Preferences. This step may not be needed, but I found all of the activated features to be superfluous to my needs.


bbb


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group