Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Heated seat question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 pm 

It was -3C last night here in North Yorkshire and we had several frosty mornings before Christmas. But granted, this winter hasn't really been that cold in the UK yet.

Heated seats are also great if you've got lower back ache though :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm 

richr wrote:
It was -3C last night here in North Yorkshire and we had several frosty mornings before Christmas. But granted, this winter hasn't really been that cold in the UK yet.

Ah, the far north! I don't think we have gone below 7C yet - was about 10 this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:03 am 

maby wrote:
richr wrote:

Ah, the far north! I don't think we have gone below 7C yet - was about 10 this morning.

You're joking Maby, where are you? I'm in Newbury, admittedly out in the sticks (or as our Australian friends may call it "woop woop") and noticed there was ice on my PHEV Wednesday/Thrusday morning as I got on my bike to ride to work - lol, i'm so cheap i'd rather ride 35 miles than spend the £1.20 :)

UK MY16 4HS in Grey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:52 am 

VillageIdiotDan wrote:
maby wrote:

You're joking Maby, where are you? I'm in Newbury, admittedly out in the sticks (or as our Australian friends may call it "woop woop") and noticed there was ice on my PHEV Wednesday/Thrusday morning as I got on my bike to ride to work - lol, i'm so cheap i'd rather ride 35 miles than spend the £1.20 :)

Well, admittedly, my days of getting up early are done - I'm self employed now and work from home, so I seldom see 8am! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:26 am 

Hah, I did high-5 the milkman as I left! :)

UK MY16 4HS in Grey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:49 am 

maby wrote:
Where are all you guys??? It has not been cold enough in Southern England to need seat heating at all this year! I don't think I've seen even light frost on the windscreen yet and I'm still going out in a lightweight gilet.

My preference is to be toasty warm (perhaps I'm a bit nesh) and if the OAT goes below about 10 degrees on goes the seat heating. On my last vehicle I used to run the heating flat out, as it had a conventional ICE it was like free heat :lol: but with the PHEV I don't run the climate higher than 24 as I assume it will burn electricity or force the ICE to turn on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am 

Wow 24 degrees! I don’t set climate control in cars above 19 as I find 20 too hot! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:03 pm 

Topradio wrote:
maby wrote:
Where are all you guys??? It has not been cold enough in Southern England to need seat heating at all this year! I don't think I've seen even light frost on the windscreen yet and I'm still going out in a lightweight gilet.

My preference is to be toasty warm (perhaps I'm a bit nesh) and if the OAT goes below about 10 degrees on goes the seat heating. On my last vehicle I used to run the heating flat out, as it had a conventional ICE it was like free heat :lol: but with the PHEV I don't run the climate higher than 24 as I assume it will burn electricity or force the ICE to turn on.
I've a nice Sauna - you would like that.

Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm 

Craigy wrote:
Wow 24 degrees! I don’t set climate control in cars above 19 as I find 20 too hot! :lol:

Actually I don't like climate control, I have it on a number on vehicles and find that it actually feels cooler than the display says. I much prefer the old fashioned dial where I simply turn the heat up to a level that I am comfortable with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:29 pm 

jaapv wrote:
Topradio wrote:
maby wrote:

I've a nice Sauna - you would like that.

Perhaps I should go for a dip in a frozen lake after a drive :D