Pre-Heating

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRENTE

Hi all,

Have my Outlander. Loving it so far and pleasantly surprised at the amount you can ask and it'll stay in EV mode. My worry of the dip in my commute is no bother for EV.

However, I have a question rather the pre-heating. I managed to connect to the app and did a heating test last night to which the heating came on. Great.

I then set a schedule for pre-heating at 7:40am. It then seemed to successfully 'send' the schedule which I am presuming went into the car's memory.

However, when I came to the car this morning it was not heating at all. Does the phone need to be near it for it to work? I presumed when connected and you 'send' the schedule it then logged in the car's memory.

Am I missing something?

Also, what temperature does the car try and heat up to? There's no customisation regarding this. It also only expels heat via the windscreen vents.

Hi there,

In my case, I 'discovered' the pre-heating timer functions, because they had been left enabled by the previous owner or dealer.

It started as mystery battery loss overnight...

You should be able to confirm that your setting is permanent, by reviewing it in the app.

The settings are also visible in the car.

So... if all those things are there, the only thing I could suggest is that there may have not been enough charge in the drive battery to run the heating cycle.

DRENTE said:
I then set a schedule for pre-heating at 7:40am. It then seemed to successfully 'send' the schedule which I am presuming went into the car's memory.

However, when I came to the car this morning it was not heating at all. Does the phone need to be near it for it to work? I presumed when connected and you 'send' the schedule it then logged in the car's memory.

Am I missing something?

Also, what temperature does the car try and heat up to? There's no customisation regarding this. It also only expels heat via the windscreen vents.
Once you have sent the heat schedule to the car you should be able to see it on the main heat tab on the app. If it's not there the car was not able to pick it up. You can try and schedule a heating from vehicle's display to be sure it's working and the the clock is accurate.

Regarding temperature, it is heating full blast max temp. it will reach whatever possible depending of ambient conditions.
All doors must be closed and locked. Once a door is open the process stops.

Hello there. I have a 2023 Outlander PHEV SEL.

When I pre-heat the car before going out for a drive, and the car is plugged in, does it also heat the drive battery ?

Does anyone know if pre-heating the car remotely while plugged in also warms the drive battery ?

Not sure why my other post did not activate.

SuperDave said:
Hello there. I have a 2023 Outlander PHEV SEL.

When I pre-heat the car before going out for a drive, and the car is plugged in, does it also heat the drive battery ?

It is not heating the battery. It has been confirmed, there is no battery heater in 2023 model.

It is heating only indirectly because of charging discharging process.

Back