Reversing Camera

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy

When putting the car in reverse and the car has not been used for short time ,The red and white lines on the image take quite a few seconds to come on .My dealer says this is normal. I find it frustrating. Does anyone else find this.

It is because the lines are displayed by the media system and it has to boot up fully before they are shown. All PHEVs with reversing cameras are the same

CJ

I bought a GX3 but added the rear parking camera. So I get reversing sensors which is helpful but no grid on the camera screen at all so no use when trying to gauge how far from an obstacle I am. Is there a way to turn the grid on?

sandy said:
When putting the car in reverse and the car has not been used for short time ,The red and white lines on the image take quite a few seconds to come on .My dealer says this is normal. I find it frustrating. Does anyone else find this.
Yes.
Just another irritation caused by the MMCS / satnav. I believe most people agree that the system detracts from all the good points of the vehicle. I wonder if it is possible to improve the system with software upgrades before a total re-design for the next model.

jaapv said:
If it is THAT bad... Pioneer and others make excellent replacements...

it isn't THAT bad!

Were you a fan of that TV series "Frasier"? There's a wonderful episode of that where Frasier and his equally pompous brother Niles have been to a restaurant for dinner and come back very disappointed - when asked why, they complain that it was totally perfect and has denied them the pleasure of finding fault with it. Some people here seem to take a similar pleasure with their cars.

maby said:
jaapv said:
If it is THAT bad... Pioneer and others make excellent replacements...

it isn't THAT bad!

Were you a fan of that TV series "Frasier"? There's a wonderful episode of that where Frasier and his equally pompous brother Niles have been to a restaurant for dinner and come back very disappointed - when asked why, they complain that it was totally perfect and has denied them the pleasure of finding fault with it. Some people here seem to take a similar pleasure with their cars.
100% agreed. Don't forget the fact that Outlander PHEV is a computer on four wheels. You just got to give it some time to boot up and load all the software and device drivers just like your PC at home or work. Unless you have a super-duper PC with Solid State Hard drive, you will notice PHEV takes roughly about the same to start up compared to a standard PC. Take it easy and enjoy. I actually like watching PHEV going thru its chores after hitting the power button ever time. Yes it is not perfect but it still is a marvellous vehicle with a unique technology. This is the very first Mitsubishi I have ever owned and I congratulate MM for coming out with such vehicle at such price point.
If this technology was in any established brand you would pay much much more for it.

Well, yes. But things like this can be inspirational. :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1wDq_HfX8&list=UUjXOFt5PwuaIuTGliIVQOVw

jaapv said:
Well, yes. But things like this can be inspirational. :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1wDq_HfX8&list=UUjXOFt5PwuaIuTGliIVQOVw

:)

In fairness to Microsoft, Windows 8 does come up pretty quickly - I never understood why they hadn't implemented the pre-booted image on previous versions.

It would be interesting to know what the OS behind the MMCS is - they used to use Windows CE a few years ago.

Windows 8? Vista for masochists imo - 7 is more or less OK. I am never happier than getting back on one of my Macs... ;)

Last thing I'd want is a hackable Windows operating system that was network accessible.

Saw an interesting program recently about a group in South Korea showing how they could hack into modern wireless connected cars and perform functions that were available through the MMCS system of the cars.

I agree that the car gives great technology and driving experience for an attractive price. I still like to complain about the user interface with the "computer" - its slow starting and many functions in the operation system is quite useless. I hope a software upgrade will be available at next service to improve my experience of driving the car. Hardware seems almost perfect but the human interface and usage of all technology is not optimal.

Would be good if the reversing camera could be manually selected in the MMCS as well as when reversing.

I think that the buttons around the MMCS need to be the ones used for direct access to useful MMCS screens rather than the ones on the touch screen. All the GPS should be accessed from a single fixed button and then from a touch screen, same with the Audio. Presently there are 2 fixed buttons essentially wasted. Would be good if the trip info was a single press with electric as well as petrol data shown. Battery charging power with the ICE would be a useful addition.

I am Beta testing win10 and so far it is great. Feels a lot like win7 with refinements. Latest build 9879, is buggy, but so far build 9860 is solid. My virus software is not happy, as many programs in the OS are seen as malicious. Boot up cold is about 6-7 seconds, and instant from sleep. Have just set up a second screen, 24" in portrait and wow such an improvement on the laptop. The Forum is now usable with more than half a post shown. The users who chose a long list of signature points no longer scroll across multiple screens, and writing code is now going to be a doddle.

I am Beta testing win10 and so far it is great. Feels a lot like win7 with refinements. Latest build 9879, is buggy, but so far build 9860 is solid. My virus software is not happy, as many programs in the OS are seen as malicious. Boot up cold is about 6-7 seconds, and instant from sleep. Have just set up a second screen, 24" in portrait and wow such an improvement on the laptop. The Forum is now usable with more than half a post shown. The users who chose a long list of signature points no longer scroll across multiple screens, and writing code is now going to be a doddle.

Does this mean it's time to move on from Windows 3.1? And I've only just updated from MS-Dos 6, dammit! ;)

At least with MMC you don't get the Blue Screen Of Death...

:)

a4982896-124-airplane-cockpit-blue-screen-of-death-pg5xTh.jpg

Probably early days to get a BSOD. I am sure there were plenty in development of the MMCS.

Hi Regulo, I did the update from DOS 6 to 6.1 before Win 3.1.

I have Win 95 computer still operational. I use DOS 6.1, still, to rebuild Win 95 computer. I made a bootable CD with DOS 6.1. Technology is becoming harder to make backward compatible.

No longer have any floppy disks with Win3.1, as it was usually easier to install from a folder on a second hard disk, once the primary drive was bootable. These were in the days before CD drives were common.

Back