1 Month, 1 MONTH!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I8Binners

and someone has driven up the back of me.....:(

Not major but there is a hole 2 inches by 2 inches and lots of lovely scatches on the rear bumper.

Not chuffed, and now waiting for the woman to get in contact to arrange getting it fixed...she was meant to be calling me tonight....wonder how difficult she will make it!

I8Binners said:
and someone has driven up the back of me.....:(

Not major but there is a hole 2 inches by 2 inches and lots of lovely scatches on the rear bumper.

Not chuffed, and now waiting for the woman to get in contact to arrange getting it fixed...she was meant to be calling me tonight....wonder how difficult she will make it!

Dare I ask if you were using B5 at the time? :eek:

My wife borrowed the PHEV for one day and the next day I noticed the rear passenger side light has been smashed!....not cracked, but smashed with holes in it!...absolutely gutted! Like jdsx, only had the car for a month.

Wife is convinced it must have happened at the supermarket by the handles of a shopping trolley....which sort of makes sense, but doesn't make me feel any better though.

Called Mitsubishi for a quote on a replacement light unit....£285!...the sticky tape will have to do for now! :cry: :cry:

Gutted Discos, at least mine should go through someone elses insurance.

And nope, not using B5, I was turning of a round about when there were cones blocking it due to a serious crash on the A1 so had to stop (there was no way to tell the road was closed until I was about to get off it), started angling myself to enter the lane to my right which was an active lane and a lady went up the back of me.

Ah well, just waiting for her to contact me and to get a price for the repairs.

totally gutted for you I8Binners. The damage I'm anticipating is my kids throwing the doors open of my wifes car into mine in the driveway. JOY!

diskobiskit said:
Called Mitsubishi for a quote on a replacement light unit....£285!...the sticky tape will have to do for now! :cry: :cry:

I've just had a quick look on Ebay, but no luck. Think the model is still very new. I bought a new Shogun rear cluster last year for iirc £65.

Are you sure your wife didn't select reverse instead of drive? ( see my post on whether the gear selection is reversed )

Ps If you decide to ask your wife, better have a divorce lawyer on standby!!!

If I now ask my wife whether she got the gears mixed up after already (unsuccessfully) trying to blame her for the broken light, it's not a divorce lawyer I will need, but a proctologist instead...coz she has already hinted where I can stick my new car! :eek:

diskobiskit said:
If I now ask my wife whether she got the gears mixed up after already (unsuccessfully) trying to blame her for the broken light, it's not a divorce lawyer I will need, but a proctologist instead...coz she has already hinted where I can stick my new car! :eek:
A friend of a friend is a recently retired proctologist. Shall I ask if he does mates rates?

Back