12V Aux battery SOH

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobreak

I just finished running diagnostics regarding starter battery on 2019 Outlander I bought last week and it's not good news. Self-Discharge is quite high so was wondering what's your's tests results. My car have 55K mileage and have still 3 months guarantee left so I need to know whether shall I demand battery replacement. And I have to mention my car didn't start on the second day of buying it ( I assumed it was stored in a garage for a while)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230404_171936.jpg
    Screenshot_20230404_171936.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 27
As Andy has said on another thread, unfortunately when a lead battery goes flat it tends to then have a much shortened lifespan and will generally fail much sooner than you might expect. It's a bit disappointing to be picking up a car to find they'd let the battery get to that state. What are you using to give that diagnostic out of interest?

Does yours have the WiFi module as that in theory would mean the lead battery would get a brief top-up charge each day, assuming it had a device registered to it. Not that it's probably enough to really keep the lead battery alive over an extended period of disuse, not had mine long enough to know. I am thinking to fit a C-tek comfort connector onto the battery on mine so I can easily hook the lead battery to a charger that can also run a desulf cycle. How safe that is with it connected I'm not sure but if it is then I think it may be worth doing to pump the charge up periodically since mine can be sat idle for a week at a time.

I’m using Carly diagnostics . That’s the only one which works. I can’t connect Watchdog PHEV or Torque with generic OBD2 reader to get alternative readings but I have booked appointment with technical team in May so I hope they will replace battery - not just look at it

Back