12v cigarette lighter socket in the boot not working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughwi

Hi all,

I have just got my car (UK 2017 4HS) back from the garage after an accident repair, and thought I would give everything a once over, and it seems that the 12v socket in the boot isnt working, it doesnt supply any charge to a mobile phone connected via a usb cigarette lighter adapter - either with the car off, or switched on, or even with the engine running.

Now - I know that the boot/rear cabin lights had stopped working before it went in for repair, but hadnt ever checked the 12v in the boot before, so it may have been dead for ages. Its my understanding that there is a spare/secondary 12v battery in the boot - is this something I need to be worried about? (does it provide any functionality to the car's operation?).

Thanks
Hugh

Hi Hugh,

The PHEV's 12V battery in the boot provides all the power for all of the 12V systems in the car, including the power needed to start all of the car's electronics.

It is not a spare battery.

Hi Hugh,

The PHEV's 12V battery in the boot provides all the power for all of the 12V systems in the car, including the power needed to start all of the car's electronics.

It is not a spare battery.
OK great, thanks for the clarification, it must be that the 12v adapter isnt working then, as the rest of the car is fine.

Check the fuse in the fuse box for that lighter socket. That fuse is easy to blow out.

Back