16 Amp charger size

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHS

Good morning all,

We have ordered our PHEV GX4H in Glacier Blue, and hope to receive it by the end of October. We are really looking forward to seeing how little petrol we can use in our 31 mile round trip to work. 80% of our motoring is on short trips, so the PHEV makes good sense. Having owned LWB Shoguns for 11 years, and quite a few other gas guzzlers too, its time for us to move into the 21st century!!

Please could someone give me the dimensions for the 16 amp British Gas wall unit. I cannot find it online anywhere. We are planning to have it mounted outside our garage, which is stone. They need a flat area to fix it to, and I want to measure up the flat quoin stones to see if they would be suitable.

Many thanks

Mike

I'm pretty sure that BG supply Polar units - that is certainly what is shown on their web site. That being the case, the engineering drawings are available on the Chargemaster web site : http://www.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/documents/

P.S. If you are thinking of going for the tethered version, be careful of the total depth - the plug stows into the front face of the charger when not in use and this greatly increases the depth. Our charging point is fitted on the wall just outside our garage and the up-and-over garage door would have hit the plug when it was stowed as recommended. We ended up going for a non-tethered unit and buying the cable separately - works out more expensive, but it is more versatile - we have the cable that is required to make use of most public charging points.

IMG_1065.jpg

quick pic with ruler - should be accurate enough!

Allow room for the small square termination box ( bottom left ) this is installed to terminate the lead supplied from your Consumer unit/NEW RCD to the short tails from the Wall box...

Thanks very much for the swift replies.

Will be popping out with my tape measure shortly, but expect it to fit just fine.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike
another ex gas guzzler Steve here ;) I was so tempted with the blue myself it has a nice lilic sheen in sunlight which is very pleasing

Back