2016 Mitsubishi Outlander facelift spy photos undisguised

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfred1976

PHEV version should be in this lot also.

from the article:
Spotted at a port in Japan getting ready for shipment, the production-ready Outlanders didn't carry any disguise even though the car has not been officially unveiled yet. These spy shots provide a clear view of the rear end which adopts significantly different taillights which have grown in size and feature red graphics. There are also some chrome accents and a redesigned bumper now hosting the fog lights.

4 pictures and article

The third photo which shows a burgundy car's rear, does show the front of the car beyond it. As you say the chrome details around the lights are visible. I look forward to seeing the full front. It could look good, or just a bit over the top.

Not convinced.
Looks a bit like a restyle for the sake of it which has then lost some of the clarity of the original design.
I'm not a fan of Japanese styling generally but felt that the current PHEV is pretty good.
I thought the concept looked good but not sure whether this has come off.

gobiman said:
Not convinced.
Looks a bit like a restyle for the sake of it which has then lost some of the clarity of the original design.
I'm not a fan of Japanese styling generally but felt that the current PHEV is pretty good.
Might have a little too much chrome. The "boomerang" shaped detail makes it look like the bast*rd son of a Vauxhall/Opel Ampera??

So when do we think these will be hitting the UK, and do we expect a price hike. I am considering a leased phev but could easily delay for a few weeks if theres a new model with improved hybrid drivetrain in the offing

hope there is a red Phev in the UK at some point.. would be nice to have some other options for the next one!

webbo73 said:
hope there is a red Phev in the UK at some point.. would be nice to have some other options for the next one!

Don't start me off again about wanting a red one :twisted:

I get so bored with white, grey, silver and black cars. God car parks look so boring.
We've only owned two silver cars over the years.

Our drive looked great with an Orient red LWB Shogun, Spirit blue Focus ST estate and our daughter's Squeeze green Fiesta.

Traded our Shogun for our Glacier blue phev. Really like the colour, but would have preferred a deeper blue. It's the only decent phev colour.

Come on Mitsubishi, give us Electric blue, purple, green and other TVR type choices!!

Just studied this and the concept side-by-side. The latter looks great in my view, this rather less so. Couldn't understand why my immediate reactions were so different but the lines of the styling around the headlights are different and somehow the facelist just looks a bit bling with the chome whereas the concept really worked.
It's a shame in my view as I thought the concept's lines were good.
Maybe it will be better in the metal.

MHS said:
gobiman said:
Not convinced.
Might have a little too much chrome. The "boomerang" shaped detail makes it look like the bast*rd son of a Vauxhall/Opel Ampera??

Looks very fussy to me, and I think my earlier statement (re the Ampera) on seeing the original photo still stands.

It does look however to have shaped led DRL's built into the headlights. Definitely an improvement of our third world glow worm fog lights!!

I'm Another who thinks there is too much chrome.
Looks like the roof rails have also gone silver :shock:

Think they need to be clear on their 'look'...is it utility or luxury..... they seem to be drifting from one to the other...
Mind you they wont be the first to drift this way.. just look at Land Rover :roll:

Back