2019 Outlander PHEV aux battery in California

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpca

My aux battery is starting to die and I've found that no auto store in CA is able to get a replacement and even online stores are not able to ship to CA due to CA shipping restrictions. What is it about this battery that CA doesn't like? The dealer wants $340 plus tax and that's the discounted price. Does anyone know where to get a replacement at a reasonable price in CA?

My aux battery is starting to die and I've found that no auto store in CA is able to get a replacement and even online stores are not able to ship to CA due to CA shipping restrictions. What is it about this battery that CA doesn't like? The dealer wants $340 plus tax and that's the discounted price. Does anyone know where to get a replacement at a reasonable price in CA?
In Australia, I bought mine from a company called 'Battery World'.

I notice that there is a similar company in California, which appears to stock a very wide range of batteries.

They're probably worth a try.

Interstate Batteries Of California Coast
5459.7 mi
Closed
10891 Forbes Ave Ste A
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 265-4171

I had the 12volt battery die unexpectedly in a roughly 5 year old car, in Auckland New Zealand. No quickly qvailable unit any where so I went to my lo al solar power system guy and for less than half the price of the 'official' tube vented battery, i got a similar capacity sealed unit and changed the leads to connect it. No problem

I had the 12volt battery die unexpectedly in a roughly 5 year old car, in Auckland New Zealand. No quickly qvailable unit any where so I went to my lo al solar power system guy and for less than half the price of the 'official' tube vented battery, i got a similar capacity sealed unit and changed the leads to connect it. No problem
Is it the same type?

Is it the same type?
Not even close, Threaded female terminals, fully sealed, smaller size but still 42 AH, less trhan half the price. what could possibly go wrong?

About 9 months on and absolutely fine. I also ALWAYS use the power tailgate lift so it gets to do some work occassionally.

Note I modified the wiring for this. Initially the unluck button under the grip on the tailgate only unlocked it and allowed me to hand lift it. I cut that wire on the controller and spliced the button onto the wire from the driver's button. So now it's always auto. I also added a magnetic switch in parallel mounted that inside the plastic skin of the bumper and added a magnet to the tow bar. Now when I have my arms full with cases of beer I can press my knee into the bumper and "open sesame"

If you're still struggling to find a battery, can you obtain one of these in CA?
https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/optima/8073-176/
I fitted one in my 2019 4HS the other day, direct drop-in replacement, vent tube fits perfectly and terminals are T1 size so the same as the OEM battery. It is a 35 (38) AH battery so a little less capacity than the 45AH it replaced but should do the job just fine.

Back