3 child seats

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sg0102

Hi all
I'm looking at the Phev for a potential Company Car, but want to understand ability to take 3 child seats?
We currently have 2 boys, 2 & 4, but planning for a 3rd early next year, so would have a newborn, 3yr old and 5yr old at that point.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, whilst the Diesel has the 7 seats, the financials are less appealing!!
Thanks in advance
Sdteve

I had my 3yo nephew over the weekend. His car seat took up a good chunk of the back passenger seat. I doubt you would get 3 child seats in the back. I couldn't get the middle arm rest down when the seat was in place.

We've got three children 6, 9 & 11. We've spent most of these past 6 years being concious about car and seating configuration to suit our family.

Ultimately we had a Seat Alhambra for the past five years as it was the only way we could have all the relevant car seats in place.

We've only now just switched over to the PHEV as only our six year old needs a booster. Our 9 and 11 year olds are of the height that they don't need a booster.

Two boosters in the car is difficult as the middle seat belt is a bit tight to say the least.

Because of the ages of your children, you're going to have to fit in a car seat and boosters with back. Not only do I think the PHEV would struggle to fit three, we struggled with cars such as Passat and Mondeo.

However we've visited several garages with all our car seats and asked for a demo with the seats in. Never been refused so worth asking your local dealer.

Thanks all.

It's the answer I was expecting to be honest. I'd planned really to go for a Volvo V70, or potentially a V60 with integrated boosters (had a test vehicle delivered today) - as I believe one or both of these will be fine.

It was only today I came across the Outlander on the list, so thought it worth checking!

We currently have similar issues with 3 grandchildren, 12mth, 18mth, 4yr.

We struggled with back seat of Freelander and Toyota Auris.

Anticipating the same problem with Outlander.

The seats fit in ok, its accessing the belt buckles! We gave up and when we have all three, the oldest one now sits in the front!

I came to the conclusion the problem is with the seat design - if they had cutaways on the base so you could access belt buckles it would be a big help.

i know exactly what you mean, the integrated boosters in the Volve V70 were great for that, as removed the obstacles in getting to the buckle.

Am hoping the same is true for the V60, as would prefer that, but not sure there will be quite the space...

Chaps -

There is an option for you to think about if you want to fit 3 child seats or even 4 into the rear of a car.

See this website - http://www.multimac.co.uk/bmw_x3_child_seat

They connect to the exsiting ISOFIX and provide a soltion for cars which are a bit narrrow.

I have never used them but have provided a link a few times in the past.

Like with anything.. check your insurance if going down the 4 seats in the rear.

They are NOT cheap, however the cost to change cars or own a people carrier would more than likley be more.

plus there are harness too rather than a normal seat belt

Hope this helps.

multimac-bmw-010_large.jpg

img_9185_retouched_web_large.jpg

multimac13405_1-0038_1_large.jpg

multimac13405_1-0069_large.jpg

930_in_a_mini_1_large.jpg

superclub_1_1_large.jpg

I hated the idea of buying a car just because of how many bloated car seats could fit along the back. Instead, I got a new car seat:

http://amzn.com/B005MQRAAK

Any kid in a car seat will soon be out of it on on a small booster, and those take up almost no room.

Thanks all.

Simon - what car seats did you have?

Pkulak - the link doesn't work? I agree with the sentiment...

I measured the inside car width at about 145 cm, apologies if you think in inches. It is not much wider than my Subaru Legacy station-wagon. We use no-name Chinese branded car seats which are about 42 cm wide.

we have three children (age 5, 4 and 9 weeks) and we can get their seats in. the two older kids have Graco logico seats and the baby is in a mammas and papas rear facing seat.

they do fit in, but as mentioned earlier the buckles are difficult to get to.

Back