4hs MY16 - full beam and fog light LED replacements

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Been following the forum for some time - thanks for all the top tips!

It's 10 days post delivery of my Granite Brown 4hs and loving it!

Was planning to change the foglights (H11) and full beam (HB3/9005) to LED as find supplied bulbs too yellow and not piercing enough compared to the Xenon headlights.

Has anybody made the change or have any suggestions (changing the foglights units is not an option as its a lease car).

Also any tips on changing the fogs?

Ta for your help

What about Osram Night Breaker bulbs? A better colour match and higher intensity in standard bulbs.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/news-and-knowledge/automotive-special/automotive-performance-lamps-full-power-of-light-for-your-vehicle/night-breaker-unlimited-product-details/index.jsp

I would be careful replacing the FOG lamps to LED. These lamps are not in a good spot for a lamp that makes no heat that can dry them out. I tried an LED replacement and they slowly filled the lamp housing with water.

I have HID full beam replacements, after first trying an LED HB3 replacement. The HID I have are quite slow on the warm up[4-5 secs], so I have a switched LED light bar that I can add in when required.

I am still working on a mod for H4 dual action lamps I had on another car with the solenoid to shade the low beam, to overcome the warm up delay.

Warranty on my PHEV is almost up.

I do not think the heat of the lamp, or no heat, should have any impact of the water in the housing, I will probably not use my fog lights for the next 3 years(have not even tested them and got delivery i December), and if the lamp housing will fill up with water, i will go to the delare an get them replaced.

Back