Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh please make the beeps stop

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GolfjunkyC60

please tell me that you can turn off the blooming beeps. every time i touch the MMS screen it beeps, every time i scroll through the trip screen it beeps, it beeps to tell me to put my belt on, it beeps to tell me that the key is still in the car even though its in my pocket outside of the car, it beeps when i open my door to let someone out of the rear doors, it beeps all the fudging time !!!!!!!

It is simply talking to you, and it is a bit talkative. However, with time you will find that by not upsetting it by doing something it dislikes ( like taking the keys outside whilst it is active, or forgetting to put on your seatbelt before starting, etc.) it will quieten down a bit.

GolfjunkyC60 said:
please tell me that you can turn off the blooming beeps. every time i touch the MMS screen it beeps, every time i scroll through the trip screen it beeps, it beeps to tell me to put my belt on, it beeps to tell me that the key is still in the car even though its in my pocket outside of the car, it beeps when i open my door to let someone out of the rear doors, it beeps all the fudging time !!!!!!!

There is a setting somewhere in the MMCS (can't remember where off hand) to change the volume of the beep on each key press, or to turn it off completely.

I have also realised that putting on my seat belt before pressing the start button gets rid of some of the other beeps during the start up phase. I still get one beep each time I start, cant quite work out what that is for.

You can also check that the 'Curve Guidance' warning is turned off in MMCS, otherwise you will get random beeps when you approach a bend and it thinks you are going too fast !

Do what? most beeps cannnot be turned off. It is a full-electronic Japanese car - what did you expect? The only way to go about it is to minimize by operating as intended (for instance, the boot can be used beepless) otherwise you will have to go round the car unplugging little speakers.

On a plus, today a very angry beeping stopped us driving away with a door open after my 5 year old didn't pull it fully shut!

You get used to it ... though I am going to have to turn off the Lane Change beeping as that is quite annoying and goes off without due cause.

geoffshep69 said:

You can also check that the 'Curve Guidance' warning is turned off in MMCS, otherwise you will get random beeps when you approach a bend and it thinks you are going too fast !

I quite like the Curve Guidance in principle - the problem is that the car seems to invent curves that are not there!

geoffshep69 said:
GolfjunkyC60 said:

There is a setting somewhere in the MMCS (can't remember where off hand) to change the volume of the beep on each key press, or to turn it off completely.

I have also realised that putting on my seat belt before pressing the start button gets rid of some of the other beeps during the start up phase. I still get one beep each time I start, cant quite work out what that is for.

!

You can stop the seat belt beep by disconnecting the sensor cable under the drivers seat - how to do it is on a thread in the forum somewhere. Unfortunately according to a Mitsubishi mechanic the speaker for the beeps is deep in the dashboard and hard to disconnect. A red warning light on the dash for drivers doors open should suffice, I really don't need beeps to tell me I have stepped outside to scrape the ice off the windscreen!! The beeps are just plain irritating and no - I don't want to conform to what some designer intended. I want to take personal responsibility for my own safety and have the choice of which beeps I consider essential/useful. Perhaps the EV only hardware/software could include some beep control!

jaapv said:
Do what? most beeps cannnot be turned off. It is a full-electronic Japanese car - what did you expect? The only way to go about it is to minimize by operating as intended (for instance, the boot can be used beepless) otherwise you will have to go round the car unplugging little speakers.

You can, actually, avoid a lot of beeps and noises:

1. MMCS: There is an option in the menu to switch MMCS noises off;
2. Dashboard beeps (switching through menu's): a. Turn your car on. b. Put it in park. c. use handbrake (firmly). d. go through information display menu until you arrive at "settings". e. press button for some seconds. f. in the menu, switch the beeps off.
3. Avas: turn it off by removing speaker cable (no system faults);
4. Same goes for boot;

Other beeps can, indeed (as far as I know), not be switched off.

SolarBoy said:
I am going to have to turn off the Lane Change beeping as that is quite annoying and goes off without due cause.
I found an even easier (and cheaper) solution - don't buy the S model :)

There's a beeper under the back beeping bumper. Can't remember what the beeping thing is there for, but I disconnected it anyway. That stopped the beeping beeper from beeping.

Bilbo59 said:
geoffshep69 said:
GolfjunkyC60 said:

!

You can stop the seat belt beep by disconnecting the sensor cable under the drivers seat - how to do it is on a thread in the forum somewhere. Unfortunately according to a Mitsubishi mechanic the speaker for the beeps is deep in the dashboard and hard to disconnect. A red warning light on the dash for drivers doors open should suffice, I really don't need beeps to tell me I have stepped outside to scrape the ice off the windscreen!! The beeps are just plain irritating and no - I don't want to conform to what some designer intended. I want to take personal responsibility for my own safety and have the choice of which beeps I consider essential/useful. Perhaps the EV only hardware/software could include some beep control!
I think the seat belt warning is a legal requirement - it should be reconnected before MOT.
The sloppy driving warning (AKA lane departure) is quite useful, it will make you a better driver. It does not go off without due cause; when it sounds you are wandering all over the place, or forgot to tap your indicator before changing lanes. When I first got the car it produced regular beeping sessions - nowadays hardly ever. And no, I don't press it off on startup. But I do press it off on secondary roads where they have been messing with the white lines.
The FCM warning set to far has saved the front end of my car twice, despite the occasional false alarm.
The road bend bong can be switched off in the navi menu.
The boot IS beepless on manual.
The ACC "radar lost" beep can be annoying, but it does warn about an unexpected acceleration surge.
And the "brake" beep on ACC one second after a full stop warns you not to hit the bloke in front.

jaapv said:
I think the seat belt warning is a legal requirement - it should be reconnected before MOT.
The sloppy driving warning (AKA lane departure) is quite useful, it will make you a better driver. It does not go off without due cause; when it sounds you are wandering all over the place, or forgot to tap your indicator before changing lanes. When I first got the car it produced regular beeping sessions - nowadays hardly ever. And no, I don't press it off on startup. But I do press it off on secondary roads where they have been messing with the white lines.
The FCM warning set to far has saved the front end of my car twice, despite the occasional false alarm.
The ACC "radar lost" beep can be annoying, but it does warn about an unexpected acceleration surge.
And the "brake" beep on ACC one second after a full stop warns you not to hit the bloke in front.

How did I ever manage for 43 years without the beeps??? Those that want them can have them, personally, I want them all off!

ChrisMiller said:
SolarBoy said:
I am going to have to turn off the Lane Change beeping as that is quite annoying and goes off without due cause.
I found an even easier (and cheaper) solution - don't buy the S model :)

Yeah I know, I wanted all the toys, even the broken toys! Just as well the GX5hs wasn't out when I ordered mine otherwise I'd have had that instead :)

Bilbo59 said:
jaapv said:

How did I ever manage for 43 years without the beeps???
Actually I managed to hit the central barrier without them - twice... :oops: :oops: :cry: :lol:

Had a look last night to see how to turn off the beeps in MMCS whenever you press a button. You need to go to Settings - Navigation Settings - Navi Voice / Others - Beep Sound Volume, and set the volume level to 0.

Back