About to buy - a couple of queries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I strongly recommend buying a version with the heated front seats.

I also have back problems, and the heated seat is as good as a trip to the physio!

:D

Hi all

After much faff, I've actually ordered a new GX3+ on lease hire, arriving in a week or so. Thanks for all the help so far.

One new question: when charging, does the app have the capability to tell you how many kWh have been delivered from the mains each day? I have a slightly OCD-ish habit of recording my PV output and export each day so I can keep a precise eye on how much energy my house consumes, and I'd like to be able to correct for how much is being fed into the car.

Cheers
Jamie

jamiewakeham said:
Hi all

After much faff, I've actually ordered a new GX3+ on lease hire, arriving in a week or so. Thanks for all the help so far.

One new question: when charging, does the app have the capability to tell you how many kWh have been delivered from the mains each day? I have a slightly OCD-ish habit of recording my PV output and export each day so I can keep a precise eye on how much energy my house consumes, and I'd like to be able to correct for how much is being fed into the car.

Cheers
Jamie

The MMCS does already record how much KWh are used for charging ... more precisely it show last charge cost, and the history ... with the total current month cost ... if you set the KWh cost to 1$ .. each $ is one KWh

On mine it is a very odd the graph ... always showing the half charge and all look the same with a max scale at 3.6kwh on the graph .. when I charge normally over 7kwh ... .. but the last charge number and total charge are looking correct and relative accurate

PS: As some fan boy of mitsubishi will come ... it is me that I don't understand the car ... the master engineers from japan are bug free and without odd or missing features :mrgreen:

jamiewakeham said:
Hi all

Cheers
Jamie

My home EV charger has a LCD display which shows the total amount of power sent to the car. The Mrs tallies this up each month when she grabs the gas, electricity, and solar generation readings.

If you are using the lead that comes with the car, then a 3 pin Energy Monitor Plug would reduce faffing about and would probably be more accurate.

jamiewakeham said:
Can you tell me how to make it show this? I've just spent a very frustrating ten minutes jabbing at the controls.

Click Info button on the MMCS console

Then on touch screen click .. "Next Page" .. or "More" .. cant recall .. it is the icon on bottom right in the LCD

Then on next page you can see "Charging Costs".. and click on it .. this will open the charging cost page ... if it has been not initialized .. it will show possibly a flat graph and say zero cost ...

So ... there is in this page a "SET" icon ... click it .. and on next page you can set up the cost per Kwh and the currency unit.

I did set 1 as kwh cost , and euro ... remember to set again .. and go back to double check ... since if you go back to the previous page all your setting is lost if no "Save" has been selected

After this .. wait next time you charge your car, and you will see some data populated on this MMCS page.

So far, I never seen more then 9.1kwh as charging over night .. I'm wondering how accurate is this charging .. if this is the external consumption or it is the energy send to the battery .. I expect 90% or 95% efficiency in the charging process

I have somewhere at home a tool for measure up to 3kw and integrate in kwh consumption for monitor any 220v plug .... but I lost it somewhere inside my "tools" room .. so ... I have only the MMCS for show me how much "energy" the car take from the home electric network ...

Thanks, both. I have a GX3+ so no touchscreen!

Astonishingly annoying if the lack of touchscreen means there's no way I can see these data. An energy monitor on the socket might indeed be simplest.

jamiewakeham said:
Thanks, both. I have a GX3+ so no touchscreen!

Astonishingly annoying if the lack of touchscreen means there's no way I can see these data. An energy monitor on the socket might indeed be simplest.

A PHEV without MMCS is a bit strange, for me ... guess must be a company car designed for fit the budget ... in this class level missing on board navigation or a big screen it is an exception I would assume

In case you have WiFi module, maybe you can get information from PHEV APPS (maybe .. I have not the password for my PHEV)

Anyhow, a socket monitor .. like this one: http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/125333/Energy-consumption-meter-Basetech-COST-CONTROL-3000-Alarm-function-GUI .. cost just 13 Euros .. so ... cheap and easy

I'm using something similar, for control the cheap hours for electricity , and it works perfectly for me. So work on the plug side is what allow to use cheap and standard generic tools

Back