ACC vs CC

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

I have recently converted my highway driving mode to the CC mode. I had previously used a combination of ACC and no cruise control and found that fuel consumption seemed to be heavily dependent on the quality of the road surface. I had noticed that the brake lights were coming on.

Has anyone else experienced differences in returned fuel economies between the different cruise control modes?

gwatpe said:
I have recently converted my highway driving mode to the CC mode. I had previously used a combination of ACC and no cruise control and found that fuel consumption seemed to be heavily dependent on the quality of the road surface. I had noticed that the brake lights were coming on.

Has anyone else experienced differences in returned fuel economies between the different cruise control modes?

It wasn't until I read a post on here yesterday that I realised there was a CC mode; I thought it was just ACC, which I often use. I'll try the CC and report back.......I agree with you that ACC often results in unnecessary braking.

tjacobsen said:
how do you turn of ACC and go over to just CC?

I haven't tried it yet, but a post on this forum yesterday suggested that for CC it's a long press on the ACC button on the steering wheel rather than the short press for ACC.

I've recently changed to 'max speed' on the motorway, and keep my foot down.

The difference in fuel economy compared with ACC has gone from c. 35-ishmpg to around 42 mpg at a consistent(ish) 70mph on an 80 mile 99% motorway journey (M4) with a full battery at the outset.

It makes you wonder why Mitsubishi, touting such outlandish advertised economy figures make the default settings the non optimum for achieving the highest economy.

There is a single paragraph at the end of the ACC section in the manual on page 7-54 about CC. Mentions a caution of no detection of vehicles in this mode. The CC really does not get a mention compared to the pages on ACC. CC seems to be lost, but really has huge benefits to achieving good fuel economy on the highway.

A question. I don't have ACC. Does what you say also mean that CC is better than manually adjusting speed for fuel economy?

I think that for the untrained driver, the cruise control can offer better fuel economy in certain driving conditions. The CC is more of an even power than constant speed setting.

Back