ADAS Calibrations after windshield replacement?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmageddon

Hi,

I have a windshield crack that'll have to be replaced.

Now insurance company gives me a list of pre-approved centers, but they claim they know how to calibrate ADAS systems afterwards, which I find hard to believe they do for all manufacturers...

Is there a specific list for the 2019 Outlander GT sold in North America for calibration (static, dynamic, combined?) etc.. we have the automatic high beams, lane departure warnings, adaptive cruise control...

Do you think I can trust the glass shop, or should I insist on Mitsubishi dealer handling it?
I am not sure the fact they talk about it: https://www.speedyglass.ca/en/car-accessories-services/19-camera-recalibration.html
actually means they know how to do it properly for this car...

I would trust that they can do it. If they can do it for one make, they can do it for all. All manufacturers use the same systems form just a few suppliers anyway.

Make it part of the contract that you don't pay until it's done to your satisfaction, that way if they can't do it, you get it done at Mitsi with them paying for it.

Back