Add unit to remote heat up car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villi

Hello,

I just bought the Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 2020 and it does not have remote heating. I was wondering if anyone here has added this unit to the car?

I found this system:

https://www.viper.com/car/securityremotestart/product/5105v/viper-entry-level-1-way-security-and-remote-start-system

The 2020 should have the "wonderful" phone app which will set the car to preheat. Just be aware, that the car needs to be plugged in for this to work.

I have no idea if the remote would work or not ... but the car will need to be unplugged since you can't start the ICE while charging.

I sometimes think that the engineers who designed this have never lived in a COLD climate :)

Yeah I thought so too but this one does not have it the dealer says. But I can see the remote Wi-Fi point. I just don't have the password since it did not come with the car.

Yeah it is ridiculous that I would have to go out into the cold weather to unplug the car to remote heat it hehe.

villi said:
I just don't have the password since it did not come with the car.

I used the online contact form on the MMC website, they emailed back with the password... (didn't even want proof I owned it :shock: )
I have the old app working and it is great to look out the window at the car and just click a few buttons to defrost the windscreen and warm the car up :D
Not the best app but that feature is cool (or hot!)

Back