All terrain tires

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a moment of madness and inspired by the tyres fitted to the Porsche 911 Dakar and Lamborghini Hurracan Sterato, I have fitted all-terrain tyres to my Outlander PHEV.

I decided to stay with factory size 225/55R18 for insurance and clearance reasons and chose the General Grabber AT3 tyre in load rating 102, speed rating V and XL for extra load. They are also marked M+S mud snow, winter approved with the three peak mountain snowflake symbol.

So far I am genuinely impressed. Most tyres are 8mm tread from new and these all-terrains are 11mm tread.

My main concern was going to be the D-rated wet weather EU rating but my concerns have been unfounded. These are better in the wet and standing water than my previous A-rated summer tyres.
Interesting idea, BUT what about higher road noise?, is it a problem ?

Interesting idea, BUT what about higher road noise?, is it a problem ?
I am happy to report no, a bit of tyre buzz with windows down on smooth tarmac but you get that with summer, all-season or winter tyres. I have been pleasantly surprised with these all-terrain tyres.

Back