Alternatives to British Gas

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgilyead

My MM dealer said that BGas are now overwhelmed with demand for home charger installation. Anyone successfully used alternative suppliers? The Gov't website has a long list but it doesn't tell you which regions the companies cover. I am in the Cambridge area.

I used Chargemaster. They also seem to be quite busy at the moment and I'm told they can take a week or two to ring you once they have your details, but they are installing within a couple of weeks of their call. They sent me a referral form offering £20 for a referral, so if you email me your details I'll refer you and split the £20 bounty when eventually they pay it. My email address is [email protected]

I used

[email protected]

he is based around Nottingham but will travel as he finds enough new customers to go on the road. (I live in Somerset)

I found him very efficient and I had my 32 amp Universal Charging Point installed neatly on my garage wall about 2 weeks after first contact. This was although I was reading of others (BG?) waiting weeks and weeks for installations.

Thanks for that contact. I am finding that the various websites for installers don't make it clear what, if any, after-sales support they provide. Obviously BGas has a customer service operation in place (although not loved by all) but some of these EV charger installers look like small operations. Anybody got any views on that? Will they have the capacity to sort out any problems?

rgilyead said:
Thanks for that contact. I am finding that the various websites for installers don't make it clear what, if any, after-sales support they provide. Obviously BGas has a customer service operation in place (although not loved by all) but some of these EV charger installers look like small operations. Anybody got any views on that? Will they have the capacity to sort out any problems?

I think Chargemaster supply British Gas - all very well getting BG to install, but after a year/when the subsidy runs out, I cant see BG helping you anymore than anywhere else. + BG are the most expensive installers.

I got my mate to install a 13amp waterproof socket on the outside of my house, it uses a 16a breaker that previously was used for a storage heater which now is redundant as I never used it.

Cost me about £35 all in including the dominos pizza I purchased and will only be live from 12.00am-7.00am when economy 7 kicks in.

I8Binners said:
I got my mate to install a 13amp waterproof socket on the outside of my house, it uses a 16a breaker that previously was used for a storage heater which now is redundant as I never used it.

Cost me about £35 all in including the dominos pizza I purchased and will only be live from 12.00am-7.00am when economy 7 kicks in.
Hi,
What's your plan for those times you wish to topup during the day such as possibly weekends?
Kind regards,
Mark

I think this happening will be minimal to be honest and if it does I'll have to wait. I do an 80mile round trip 3/4 times a week so will be in the habit of charging at night, other than that I will do minimal mileage so don't expect to run out of juice during the day that often.

I will be able to charge up at work on my 80 mile round trip btw.

Hi all,

Just had my charge point fitted by Chargemaster. Didn't cost a penny and the job was done well by the fitter. The unit looks pretty good, well, as good a charge point could look I guess. I would highly recommend chargemaster. All I need now is the actual car :( Doesn't arrive for a couple of weeks yet.

Back