Android Oreo 8 & Remote Ctrl app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdel

New Sony phone has the Oreo 8 OS.

We've deleted one of the two previously registered devices so only '2 beeps'. However we can't get the phone to register. we've done the usual 'forget' command (although this new Oreo OS hides the command) to try to ensure there's a virgin logon attempt.

Any ideas/workarounds necessary?

Its worth noting that there are now 3 apps for the PHEV

Cars with a 10 digit code = PHEV
Cars with a 14 digit code = PHEV 1
Cars with electric handbrake = PHEV ll.

UK Customer Services have pointed us to PHEV l - despite our car having a 10 digit code - we'll see what they say!

drdel said:
Its worth noting that there are now 3 apps for the PHEV

Cars with a 10 digit code = PHEV
Cars with a 14 digit code = PHEV 1
Cars with electric handbrake = PHEV ll.

UK Customer Services have pointed us to PHEV l - despite our car having a 10 digit code - we'll see what they say!
I just got a new FW/SW upgrade called ENL-026-SC with the comment "Updated Remote ECU". Since the upgrade I cannot access the car via the app. Now, I am not on Android Oreo 8 on my Sony phone so this may be a bit OT, but I will do a try with the PHEV I app. Also, I will try this mobile data off "feature". So far I have been on the original PHEV app.

Still waiting for guidance from my garage.

drdel said:
New Sony phone has the Oreo 8 OS.

We've deleted one of the two previously registered devices so only '2 beeps'. However we can't get the phone to register. we've done the usual 'forget' command (although this new Oreo OS hides the command) to try to ensure there's a virgin logon attempt.

Any ideas/workarounds necessary?
What model year is your car?

I've not yet been able to link my LG Charge X running 7.1.1 Nougat.

I can link my old LG Volt 2 (there's a PHEV giggle in there somewhere :lol: ) that runs 5.1.1 Lollipop over and over without a problem.

Things that make you go 'hmmmm....'

Back