Another 'save' question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so nothing scientific here, just a basic test.

Did a trip this weekend (370km return) Same km there and back, same roads, same temp, very similar traffic, lots of hills and no congestion so travelling at max speeds allowed (100kmh), a few towns, some 80km and 50km zones.

Trip there.
Battery full when departed. Temp. about 17C. Climate set at auto 22.5C and not touched. ACC not used. Feathered accelerator to keep in green zone as much as possible. Used B0-B5 as much as possible. Battery to 40% before hitting save. Resaved battery after decents. Did not use charge mode. Arrived at destination with 1 bar on battery. Fuel used 6.8l/100km

Trip back.
Battery full when departed. Temp about 18C. Climate set to 22.5 and not touched. Used ACC as much as possible and just left the car to do its thing, no save, no charge, no B0-B5 and just D. Arrived home with no bar showing on battery. 5.8l/100km.

jaapv said:
Altitude difference between start point and turnaround point? Wind?

Quite possibly - my experience documented here a few months ago indicated that a relatively small climb over a distance of 40 or 50 miles can make a surprising difference to fuel consumption.

jaapv said:
Altitude difference between start point and turnaround point? Wind?

Both coastal towns so negligible altitude.

Trip was Sth to Nth and return.

Sth to Nth - NW 15kph
Nth to Sth - WSW 15kph

gwatpe said:
My experience would suggest the test above is more about the benefits of using cruise control.

Maybe you are right. My last car was a CL63 AMG so it took a lot not to use the go pedal as I usually do, but I really did try to be as frugal as possible.

One thing I did notice when on ACC there was a lot going with modes changing continually from parallel, serial, EV, regen, 2WD, 4WD and sometimes nothing on screen (coasting or B0) which I thought strange as ACC is meant to be the same as B2. Mind you this could have simply been that I had more time to focus on the screen when on ACC.

Back