Anyone else smashed their MMCS screen?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattCar

OK its my fault! I was loading the car with stuff helping my son to move and managed to tap(?) the big screen with a curtain pole creating several cracks. Anything needing touch screen input doesn't work although non touch info shows up clearly as does the rear camera view.

The Mitsi supplier says they will have to change the whole unit at a cost of...wait for it.....over £3k with vat :eek:

Does anyone know if its possible to have just the screen replaced or is there a compatible alternative unit out there?

Thanks for your help.

SolarBoy said:
Yikes ... can you get a second hand one from a breakers?

There are at least a couple of PHEV's being broken on Ebay, (they usually list just one part so you know to enquire about other parts)

If your not confident in fitting it any local auto electrician (mobile phone installer trained) should have the tools and find it a doddle as they often pull
all kind of unit to alter connections.

Thanks for your replies.

Searched the forum for Pioneer systems and it seems there are suitable versions but which might not provide full functionality such as battery flow. As my insurer has approved the cost of a new Mitsu unit (and I have protected NCB :D ) thats the route I'll go.

What I have learned from this, however, is how much better Apple Maps are than Navteq. Pay all that money and still have your iphone sitting on top of the dash!

Back