Anyone got location based charging working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunder

As the question above, anyone got it working yet?

I can get time based charging working. But if I turn location based charging on, it just charges all the time as if I was "away" from home.

Looking at the GPS, it looks fairly close to where I really am, but how far do you need to be away from your home location for it to say you're using a different charging location? Looking at the map for example, I could be 1 door up easily, possibly 2, but I don't think it thinks I'm 3 doors up.

I'm going to experiment and see if I put in next door's address whether it will work, but I am hoping to find out if anyone else has got it working.

Thanks.

Just a quick update - manually typing in my address resolved the issue, but selecting the predefined "Home" meant I was too far away.

It appears that once you've set the address for "Home", you can also "calibrate" the GPS in case it's not close enough. It seems someone (could have been me) had done so, and moved my address a little up the street - far enough away to make it think it wasn't at home.

So I can raise my hand and say I got it working properly.

Just a quick update - manually typing in my address resolved the issue, but selecting the predefined "Home" meant I was too far away.

It appears that once you've set the address for "Home", you can also "calibrate" the GPS in case it's not close enough. It seems someone (could have been me) had done so, and moved my address a little up the street - far enough away to make it think it wasn't at home.

So I can raise my hand and say I got it working properly.

Is this a private conversation, or can anyone join in?

;)

I've tried to set it but not sure if it's working or not. As I understand it, if set the location based charging will detect when the car is 'home' and will default to timer settings but when away from home will allow charging without the need to cancel the charge timer.

I've checked mine away from home with the phone app and it still shows that the timer is set and as mine is set for overnight charging it wouldn't therefore, accept a charge via the type 1 socket. (It will charge via the ChaDeMo socket without the timer being cancelled).

To some extent the location based feature isn't all that useful anyway - I'd forgotten the very simple feature of the Key Fob where you press the button on the end (marked 'off') twice in quick succession whereupon the hazard lights flash four times to indicate charge timers temporarily suspended. If only I'd remembered several days before when it would have avoided much wailing and gnashing of teeth (and worse) and the nagging from SWMBO jumping up and down impatiently waiting to unleash herself on the Meadowhall shops.

I think I may cancel the arrangement and move 'Home' back up the street so that when the car gets nicked they go and rob one of my neighbours instead. Just wondering how many of them use my address?

:?

JimB

Back