AutoGuide.com video review(V6 engine)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMarin

A RARE V6 OPTION FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT

Two powerplants can be had in the Outlander, either a 2.4-liter four-cylinder that’s good for 166 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque, or a V6 that churns out 224 hp and 215 lb-ft of torque. While neither engine is new to the Outlander, the availability of a V6 is a big deal, as all of the Outlander’s major competitors have dropped their six-cylinder options, leaving the market full of naturally aspirated and turbocharged fours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tvnUUErj1VE

Here is a great video that shows the Outlander on a rougher terrain. Mitsubishi is not really known for making cars that have great handling so that kinda shows in this video. I must admit the Outlander looks great in this one.

Great vid Bob, great shots of the Outlander in action, even though it is obvious that Mitsubishi did not plan the Outlander for this kind of rough terrain that is being driven on in this video. Like I said in another thread and now this video confirms it thr Outlander PHEV is not really a car made for an automotive freak because of it's inferior handling but this car is not mean't for those buyers anyway.

And to cut Mitsubishi some slack EVs usually have bad handling(anbody know why)

Didn't know there will be a V6 available that is definitely a plus in my book.

It doesn't really say if it will have a different wheel package, but I don't really understand why would Mitsubishi do that? I mean it's only a small change and the Outlander PHEV is definitely not a sports car that should be fine tuned.

Or am I missing something abot how the transmission in a car works?(I'm not really that into the mechanical aspect of the cars so i could be wrong)

According to autoweek the V6 engine doesn't really work well in the Mitsubishi Outlander design so a change in the vehicles wheels might be necessary for driving comfort but I don't think it will be offered at all.

Dannyboy said:
According to autoweek the V6 engine doesn't really work well in the Mitsubishi Outlander design so a change in the vehicles wheels might be necessary for driving comfort but I don't think it will be offered at all.

To be honest I didn't even think in the first place that Outlander needs a V6 engine it just is unnecessary on a car like this and the fact that it does not add to the driving experience just adds to my point.

Of course I'm sure that some will demand a V6 engine just so they can say that the have a V6 engine but that is basic human psychology, and that is the reason Apple is the most profitable company in the world.

BobMarin said:
Dannyboy said:

To be honest I didn't even think in the first place that Outlander needs a V6 engine it just is unnecessary on a car like this and the fact that it does not add to the driving experience just adds to my point.

Of course I'm sure that some will demand a V6 engine just so they can say that the have a V6 engine but that is basic human psychology, and that is the reason Apple is the most profitable company in the world.

Well I wouldn't agree with the basic human psychology part but a V6 engine on the Outlander PHEV is definitely not necessary not only because it already has 3 engines but because a great deal of the torque goes to the electric engine(if I understood how PHEVs work).

Back