Bad News for Potential Scottish Buyers...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffshep69

I have a Gx4h on order for delivery in early 2016, and last week I submitted my application for funding for a domestic charging point. In addition to the UK wide £700 grant from OLEV, the Scottish Government previously ran a scheme via the Energy Savings Trust whereby they provided ‘top up’ funding to cover any installation costs above the £700, effectively meaning the installation is completely free.

I got an e-mail from the installer last night saying that the EST funding has been withdrawn without notice, meaning that I now need to pay for the costs on top of the OLEV grant. Appreciate this puts me in the same position as drivers in the rest of the UK, but pretty disappointing given that I expected to receive this. Installer is quoting a potential price of £300 - £400 for the install, but I doubt very much I’ll bother if that is the cost. Easy enough to use a heavy duty extension cable plugged into a socket in the garage so will probably just go with that option.

I’ve contacted EST to see whether there is any chance of my application being considered as ‘in the pipeline’ and therefore eligible for funding, but I’m not holding my breath.

Bad news for our Northern hordes! But there's too much of this "goalpost moving" going on. Pension reform, and Solar panel FIT payments are two that come to mind. It seems we've had it too good for too long! :(

Back