Beeping lights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinu

Hi,
hoping you can help me here. I have a 2016 Outlander PHEV and I have a very funny situation.
When I have the main lights on, indicator on and pressing the brake (brake light on), I get a beeping sound which only sounds when the indicator is actually on. Thing is it doesnt always happen. I noticed that when the drive battery is full it doesnt happen, but once it goes below the 3/4 level, it starts beeping as long as the main lights are on, indicators are on and the brake light is on.

Could this be an earth issue? I dont know from where the beep is coming to be honest and its quite a faint beep, but its also quite frustrating.

Thanks

To check if you have a grounding (earth) issue.
Reproduce the problem and get somebody to look at the rear brake lights when this is happening.
Quite often a grounding problem results in the brake lights dimming and brightening in time with the indicators flashing. In that case a ground in or around the rear clusters has got dirty or rusted.

That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where the battery being full or not would make a difference.
Do check the OBDII scanner codes as Nrayanov says.

To check if you have a grounding (earth) issue.
Reproduce the problem and get somebody to look at the rear brake lights when this is happening.
Quite often a grounding problem results in the brake lights dimming and brightening in time with the indicators flashing. In that case a ground in or around the rear clusters has got dirty or rusted.

That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where the battery being full or not would make a difference.
Do check the OBDII scanner codes as Nrayanov says.
will take a video to see if they are indeed dimming

Back