Best Removable Tow Bar & Dedicated Electrics Price

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkwilly

Hi All
I am taking delivery of my Pearl White PHEV 1st Dec :D :D :D :D
I"ve read this great forum inside out and i must say some fascinating reading.
After getting a price of £630 for a detachable Tow bar from Mitsubishi
and being in the Motor trade for many years also living only a few miles from the witter factory and still not getting much of a discount
I started my search for a good quality Tow bar with detachable tow ball and dedicated 13pin electrics
the best i came up with 219 Euro detachable and 13pin dedicated elec. 85 Euro
a total in GBP of £238 :click below

http://www.rameder.eu/en/Towbars/Tow-bar-detachable--Lever-system-Towball-inserted-from-the-rear-111511-10624-1.html

and might I add with full fitting instructions available to browse on the site above :D
I have made quite extensive enquiries of being reprogrammed the car ECU and and and !!! it seems like all you need is the radio code
talking to a top local auto electrician today and he confirmed that all you need is the radio code happy days

so im fitting mine myself fist week in december with a bit of luck on the delivery date
and apart from a bit of postage and a few hours work im saving £400 quid ish
even if you opt to have it fitted around £100 you will still be approx £300 ( about 2 years Fuel ha ha )
and BTW this dedicated wiring kit dos not invalidate the vehicle warranty

go on get your hands dirty and give yourself a massive sense of achievement

John ( Wirral)

BTW check out the great boot liner same site @ £28 :D

Thanks for that. seems a good price. I fitted my last towbar on a brand new Chevy Captiva in a couple of hours, seemed daunting at first but was actually quite easy, so will give this a go as well, When you have fitted yours let me know of any pit falls or things to remember. Thanks.

Interesting - though the instructions only tell you how to do the easy bit - bolting it on! It's the wiring harness installation that I'm more concerned about...

..... later ..... found the wiring harness complete with installation instructions - 24 pages of them - you have to dismantle almost every part of the car! I think not...

Full and more detailed instructions here is the dedicated harness fitting inst pdf file http://img3.rameder.eu/assets/files/samples/110448_v1.pdf
and thats what swung it for me

ill let you know how i get on but i guess its 6 weeks away yet

enjoy

Just ordered one so ill let you know how I get on. Electrics don't look to bad to fit I think the pictures make it look worse than it is. I've already had all the boot liners off to fit an extension unit to the reversing sensors and it only took about 5 mins to remove them.

Ordered the towbar on Sunday and it was delivered yesterday, after looking at the dedicated electrics they are pretty straight forward to fit. Just waiting for a dry day to fit it.

My tow bar arrived and looks very well made ,electrics look straight forward

all I need is the Gx3h now :D ,it looks as though Its just passing Majorca at this moment in time
roll on December the 1st :D :D :D

Good Luck with the Tow Bar chindley

if your in the wirral Area Prenton pop in

John

jkwilly I fitted the towbar on Sunday and all went smoothly, it took about 2:30 mins, it would have been quicker but the ratchet went on my socket set so I had to use spanners which was time consuming. No major problems, I would say if you have or can get some ramps it would make it much easier.
I didn't make the cut to the bumper until I refitted it and just used a hack saw blade as it only needs 4 very small slits cutting but the bumper will go back on without making the cuts it just presses against the towbar a bit. Hope that's clear. I've put a time lapse video up, unfortunately the phone went dead 15 mins before I finished. http://youtu.be/HKFpfd4dNM4

I did the electrics yesterday and they were easy and straight forward, no problems removing the boot panels took me about 45 mins in all.

dzxd37.jpg

33bfv9i.jpg

Digging up this post and trying to find the dedicated electric kit which has been used, can anyone help with a link or are they not sold any more? I am only able to find universal kits...

I would also like to know, as I will be looking to fit a tow bar onto my PHEV

Can anyone re-uplaod the video?

Back