Blower makes my hands cold - anyone has same problem?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1833

On my 2015 GX4H there is no "windshield only" blower mode which used to be my favourite in my previous car. Reason is, I hate having direct air streams blowing on any part of my body, feet or hands. With the typical almost all-year-round temperature of 12-15 degrees in the UK, the 15.5 climate control setting is the most comfortable for me. However it makes my hands very cold as both left and right blowers, even if directed as far sideways as possible, still blow onto the hands. I'd be very happy with windshield-only mode, but there is no such thing! Windshield is only combined with feet, and that one makes my feet cold now! How difficult would it be to enable windshield-only mode? Especially if I am sure it would be just a software change.

Interestingly, even if I shut both blowers, it still trickles strongly enough for my hands to feel the cold.

Anyone else having similar problem and if yes any thoughts on what can be done?

I have a 2013 one and it has a "Defrost" button which switches to windscreen only mode and allows you to select both fan speed and temperature. Has it been dropped on the 2015 model?

Yes, there's a defrost button on the MY2016. It turns the aircon on (which is what you want for fast demisting/defrosting), but I don't know if you can turn the aircon off without changing the mode, I'll give it a try (I wouldn't want to drive round with aircon on all the time).

Hi Ylexus
Yes as Chris has said I also have the defrost button on my My16
To achieve what you want which is air flow only directed to the windscreen which is how i myself actually prefer it.
Just press the defrost button then press the aircon button to turn off the aircon which automatically turns on when you press the deforst button.
Then I turn off the blower which just leaves air flow directed to the windscreen untill you decide otherwise
Hope this helps

ChrisMiller said:
Yes, there's a defrost button on the MY2016. It turns the aircon on (which is what you want for fast demisting/defrosting), but I don't know if you can turn the aircon off without changing the mode, I'll give it a try (I wouldn't want to drive round with aircon on all the time).
Yes you can turn the aircon off as well, either when operating the defrost button each time or in the settings menu. (you can still switch it on manually in that case).

K9pvc said:
Hi Ylexus
Yes as Chris has said I also have the defrost button on my My16
To achieve what you want which is air flow only directed to the windscreen which is how i myself actually prefer it.
Just press the defrost button then press the aircon button to turn off the aircon which automatically turns on when you press the deforst button.
Then I turn off the blower which just leaves air flow directed to the windscreen untill you decide otherwise
Hope this helps

Or you can use the "Mode" button and select Feet, Dashboard or Defrost...

I have defrost only on my 15 plate. auto cc, which I turn off and max fan. very efficient.
Perhaps the European models are slightly different?

Back